My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across this Brinly hitch on eBay to put on my 210. The seller states that it came off a 210. It even has its own trailer hitch mounted to the sleeve hitch. Do you guys think, for that price, it's a better buy than an original JD sleeve hitch? I'm trying to find one cheap but then again, I would like to have all OEM kits and parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300786055192?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Should I make an offer?

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
That is not a Brinly sleeve hitch. Looks home made. I would keep looking, deals are out there... I bought this plow and hitch last spring. I paid $150 for both.

Do you have a rear lift for your 210 already?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I would definitely pass on that one!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you look at the classifieds over on the Weekend Freedom Machines forum, there are a few for sale at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Keep in mind that you need the following parts:

The sleeve hitch tself
Pivot plate that bolts to back of tractor
Lift arm that goes from hitch to pivot plate
Lift rod that runs under the fender pan. This connects the pivot plate to the rockshaft and allows you to lift the attachment with your mower deck lift arm or hydraulic lever.

Often times Ebay or CL ads are missing some of these pieces, and they can be pricey to buy seperately.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

The sleeve hitch tself
Lift rod that runs under the fender pan. This connects the pivot plate to the rockshaft and allows you to lift the attachment with your mower deck lift arm or hydraulic lever.

Often times Ebay or CL ads are missing some of these pieces, and they can be pricey to buy seperately.
There are also diagrams on WFM to make one, if you have the capability!

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is not a Brinly sleeve hitch. Looks home made. I would keep looking, deals are out there... I bought this plow and hitch last spring. I paid $150 for both.

Do you have a rear lift for your 210 already?
No I don't, that's the problem. I would need to weld a bracket to the hitch so I could attach the lift rod to it. That shouldn't be much of a problem though.

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The sleeve hitch tself

You would be correct. I have no rear lift kit for the hitch, so it would just be suspended there. Since this is not a genuine JD hitch, I would need to weld a bracket to it that I could use to attach the lift arm that comes from the pivot plate. I'm sure I could make the rear lift rod out of a few pieces of steel, I mean, how hard can it be? :dunno:

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Here are the parts that you need...

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pics Deerenut :D Do you suppose I could fabricate a lift rod like the one in your 5th picture?

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
The rod in the fifth picture would only be good if matched up with the rest of the parts. :fing32:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help me out guys. I bought a brinly box scraper for my husband. Didn’t know the sleeve hitch was separate and the manual doesn’t give me any other info about it. Lowe’s is no help. Can‘t tell what I’m supposed to buy, or where I can get it. He’s just had shoulder replacement and I want something to help him DIY. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
17,033 Posts
Help me out guys. I bought a brinly box scraper for my husband. Didn’t know the sleeve hitch was separate and the manual doesn’t give me any other info about it. Lowe’s is no help. Can‘t tell what I’m supposed to buy, or where I can get it. He’s just had shoulder replacement and I want something to help him DIY. Any advice?
View attachment 2497882
Welcome to the forum :)
What is Your Tractor Brand and Model ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
View attachment 2497882
John Deere 300
Does the tractor have a 3 point lift on it? If so you can check out these items at Amazon. You may not need item 2, but the other three items will let you to be able to connect the 3 point lift of the tractor. I think this is probably the the best options since your husband is laid up at the present time. If it doesn't already have the 3 point lift installed. I believe I would recommend you make arrangements to return to where you bought it.

Amazon.com: TISCO 873-470 Top Link: Garden & Outdoor

stratocast56

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
John Deere 300
Welcome to the forum! Forgive my asking, I just want to double-check. It's a Deere 300, not an X300, right?

300:

X300:

Sorry to hear about your husband's surgery. Hopefully the tractor has a powered lift for the hitch implement.

Mine (different brand) is manual lift for the sleeve hitch, with a big lever. If I needed to move the implement, but the lever was on the surgery side, I'd probably have to get off, and move the lever with the other arm, then get back on.

Johnny Products makes a universal sleeve hitch kit, which has an electric actuator to raise/lower the implement. If the tractor does not have any sort of sleeve hitch currently, that might be an option.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Deere 300
Is that a 300, which hasn't been made since 1977? Or, is it an X300, which hasn't been made since 2015?

I have an X300 and I got a sleeve hitch for it. I got the one for MTD products, but it requires some modification to fit. I was very disappointed in the usability of it as a manual one. So, I modified the hitch to use a linear actuator. That made it easier to use. I then discovered (not unexpected) that the X300 really is a poor choice to use for ground engaging tasks. I did not have expectations of doing real ground engagement, since I have a big tractor for that. Even with low expectations, I discovered that the X300 just doesn't have the capability to pull much. Even without the sides or the teeth of box scraper, the blade would hold back too much material and stop the X300 very easily.

If you have a 300, it is in a very different class and can handle ground engaging tasks.

Deere makes a manual sleeve hitch
https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-Deere-Integral-Hitch-LP31357.html
But, it is not listed as for the X300. I suspect it would fit, but will have the same issue I had with mine. The X300 is not designed for ground engaging tasks.

What tasks does your husband expect to do with the box scraper?

I bought my sleeve hitch and box scraper form someone who used it with a 100 series mower. Based on the wear, I would say he used it for at least a couple of years before he realized that he really needed a tractor with much greater capability to maintain his gravel driveway.

·
Super Moderator
17,033 Posts
John Deere 300
As asked is it Just a 300 or a X300 series That Important part

If it is the 300 Model then You could go this route Buy a Ruegg cat 0 3point hitch and a Draw-bar with Sleeve Hitch shown In the screen shots Below

If it a X300 series This Universal electric lift sleeve Hitch Universal Sleeve Hitch will work On the X300. The Hitch will also work on a 300 Model as well (y)
Screenshot_2021-04-09 Ruegg MFG - Agricultural Hitch Kits for Various Tractors(1).png
Screenshot_2021-04-09 Ruegg MFG - Buy Cable Rollers, Hitch Kits, and Draw Bars.png

·
Super Moderator
17,033 Posts
John Deere Integral Hitch - LP31357
But, it is not listed as for the X300. I suspect it would fit, but will have the same issue I had with mine. The X300 is not designed for ground engaging tasks.
You Need to Buy the rear Hitch Plate for a X500 series Have a friend that did that years ago to his X324 so He could use the Manual sleeve Hitch with a Brinly, Rear Blade and Brinly Box scrape. which he used for years Until He bought a John Deere 3D series compact (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is that a 300, which hasn't been made since 1977? Or, is it an X300, which hasn't been made since 2015?

I have an X300 and I got a sleeve hitch for it. I got the one for MTD products, but it requires some modification to fit. I was very disappointed in the usability of it as a manual one. So, I modified the hitch to use a linear actuator. That made it easier to use. I then discovered (not unexpected) that the X300 really is a poor choice to use for ground engaging tasks. I did not have expectations of doing real ground engagement, since I have a big tractor for that. Even with low expectations, I discovered that the X300 just doesn't have the capability to pull much. Even without the sides or the teeth of box scraper, the blade would hold back too much material and stop the X300 very easily.

If you have a 300, it is in a very different class and can handle ground engaging tasks.

John Deere Integral Hitch - LP31357

What tasks does your husband expect to do with the box scraper?

I bought my sleeve hitch and box scraper form someone who used it with a 100 series mower. Based on the wear, I would say he used it for at least a couple of years before he realized that he really needed a tractor with much greater capability to maintain his gravel driveway.
It must be the X300. I think it’s a 2007. We bought it used after his 1st rotator cuff surgery. The Aires was too hard to drive after that. Our gravel driveway is exactly why I got it. Looks like the hitch is going to cost more than the scraper itself. We bought a bigger piece of land a couple years ago. I guess it’s time for a tractor. 🥳

1 - 20 of 25 Posts