My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this plow and comparing it to so many other plows you can see the crank for adjusting the plow is different. This particluar handle is straight and it appears to adjust it that it has been turned w/ a pair of pliers (you can see the "teeth" marks where they have bit into the metal). Was this a variation in crank style or has the plow been modified?

Just curious. I have been putting some penetrating oil on it to loosen it up...right now, it is siezed up and will not turn.

Thanks,
Justin

·
redneckyankee
195 Posts
:praying:HI JUSTIN I HAVE THE SAME PLOW JUST WELDED ON A SOCKET AND AN OLD RATCHET HANDLE WORKS GREAT.?>JIM

·
Registered
590 Posts
I bought a new plow that was missing some parts (crank was one). This is what I did:

I used a threaded rod and several half nuts. The back part of the threaded rod was made oit of a piece of flat steel and a union/coupler nut that was welded together.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After spending 9 months doing a frame-off restoration on my little brothers 80' Chevy P/U....we had a few extra parts w/ no place to put them. :) We just decided we were "better than the factory"!

Thanks for the ideas guys...looks like I'll just make my own. It will be "better than the factory"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts