My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably shoudl have bought PA318Guy's Mackissac sprayer back before he restored it, but I didn't.

So, with the lawn in bloom with every stinking broadleaf weed you can name, I need to get a sprayer tomorrow.

I have a HomeDepot gift card, so of the 3 choices there:

The Brinly: Don't really like the sheetmetal frame, but the foldaway boom is nice. Are those plastic rims??
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Brinly-Hardy-25-Gal-Tow-Behind-Lawn-and-Garden-Sprayer-ST-251BH/202263350

The Precision: Haven't heard much one way or the other.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Precision-25-Gal-Trailing-Sprayer-TCT25/203409314

The Agrifab: I've got some other Agri-Fab stuff, and it isn't top shelf, but has been functional.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Agri-Fab-25-Gal-Tow-Sprayer-45-0293/202638985

Anyone have any of the 3? Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
33,779 Posts
Well it definitely needed some maintenance. If it were me I'd go with the Agrifab. Say what you will but I've put my Agrifab stuff through a lot and they still do the job!

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
all three look like they have plastic wheels..

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me wrong Tim, I think my Agri-Fab stuff has been ok for the price. Just that looking at any of the 3, $300 + seems to be a high price.

Also just noticed that the Brinly is the only one stocked locally. Guess I'll have a look at those wheels tomorrow, Whirly.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
have u checked at ur local farm store there.. might b worth the trip

·
Super Moderator
33,779 Posts
Agrifab states pneumatic tires so that would indicate steel rims. That is sort of why I went with it, I don't think plastic tires and rims would stand up do any rough use with 25 gallons of fluid pressing down on them.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have u checked at ur local farm store there.. might b worth the trip
Problem there is, I have a $500 Home Depot gift card, and no discretionary cash at this time.

Southern States has a nice 55 gallon 3PH model, but it's over $1,000. And 55 gallons is a bit much, even for the mighty JD 318.

We have a Tractor Supply, but frankly I find most of the stuff they sell to be more expensive than, yet on par with, Harbor Freight.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agrifab states pneumatic tires so that would indicate steel rims. That is sort of why I went with it, I don't think plastic tires and rims would stand up do any rough use with 25 gallons of fluid pressing down on them.
The Brinly user manual states the inflation pressure should be 14lbs, so hopefully that means steel rims.

Guess I'll have a look at it tomorrow. My local HD is supposed to have one in stock.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
IMO I think they're all about the same. Just make sure when your done you rinse the tank, pump and hand gun out. In the winter get a gallon of RV antifreeze and pump it through the system so it won't freeze up and break. They should last a very long time. slkpk

·
Registered
412 Posts
The $500 HD gift card would be the tie breaker for me. I have a core aereator from Lowes that has inflatalble tires on plastic wheels. Just saying inflatable tires does not indicate steel wheels. Since it doesn't live inside with the tractors and only gets used on a bi-yearly basis, I remove the wheels between uses to keep the tires from weather checking and the rims from doing I guess basically the same. Because plastic wheels will deteriorate if left to the elements.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I read the website wrong, HD stocks none of the 25 gallon sprayers.

Went to TSC, and they had a cheapy little ATV sprayer with no boom (boom extra) for much more. I'd put its quality at not quite up to Harbor Freight standards.

Looks like rain today anyway, so I got some Vigaro weed and feed I'll apply when the lawn is wet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts