My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st question, is aerating worth it or necessary for a thick lawn? 2nd is I have found NEW 48" Brinley Aerators for $159 shipped and $129 shipped. Are these good prices? 1 is plug and the other is spike but the spiked 1 has straight spikes not curved. Is teh plug aerator the way to go? Other thing is both models are Cub Cadet.:fing20: If I do get 1 I hope my Deere don't kick back at it.:sidelaugh

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone know if Brinly actually made these for Cub cadet? My info is strictly off the add.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next question. If I go with the plug type does anyone drag down the little clumps of dirt left behind or just let them naturally break down. I know this sounds like dumb question but I have to ask.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have clay soil. It's good black soil. Just wanting to know if plugging will make a big enough difference in getting thicker lawn vs. just spreadin fertilizer alone. I planned on rolling, then plug then spread fertilizer. Would it be best to skip the rolling this year on acoount of compacting ground to much? Would probably cause the cores to not break down as fast. Also thought about pulling dethatcher around after plugs have dried out some. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A plug aerator is the way to go as they reduce soil compaction. Without taking a plug out, the spike ones just create holes but don't reduce compaction.

I've have good results with the 3pt aerator we have.

:thThumbsU Thats not an aerator...thats a BEAST:thThumbsU :thThumbsU NICE setup:fing32:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.