My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have had a little free time lately so I took the plow apart and sanded and painted it, replaced the broken bolts and so on, I actually used a bit this summer moving dirt and wood-chip piles, which was fun but learned one lesson, dont mount a stack to close to the lift arm handle, it gets hot and the first time I lowered the plow to the ground I burned all the skin off my knuckles. I still have the steel cutting edge but prefer the starboard for use on the driveway. Even though I have a JD with a 42" blower on the front which is good, I enjoy using the plow much more.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That looks great. I repainted one of my plows which will go on the 900 that I am restoring. I just have to put it all back together now.

Jason

·
Registered
398 Posts
She's a beauty. I wonder how hard it would be to get some power going to those front wheels... I bet it could be done.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
That is beautiful nice job!

·
5,523 Posts
Very nice job.

·
Registered
299 Posts
nice tube frame...I thought that my bro was nuts putting ags on the front of his h16 but once i saw it i liked it...yours look pretty tuff as well

·
Registered
704 Posts
Nice tractor. And nice 67. I have an all original '67 Caprice, 327, 2 sp powerglide, factory air, etc. Have all the parts to make it 'right' but gotta get over this Bolens fetish first.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments, I plan to use it on the slushy stuff the blower doesn't handle that well, I have a set of craftsman weights I'm going to throw on there, I may also load the rear tires, the fronts are already loaded, I just dont want to put chains on and chew up the driveway, I heard the AGs aren't that great in the snow but I already had to raise the fender pan 3/4's of an inch to get those tires to clear and chains would definitely rub.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, I plan to use it on the slushy stuff the blower doesn't handle that well, I have a set of craftsman weights I'm going to throw on there, I may also load the rear tires, the fronts are already loaded, I just dont want to put chains on and chew up the driveway, I heard the AGs aren't that great in the snow but I already had to raise the fender pan 3/4's of an inch to get those tires to clear and chains would definitely rub.
Last winter's snow was not a good blower snow here in the Buckeye state. I found that out the hard way. Bought the blower and couldn't wait to try it out. Broke the chain drive in the heavy stuff. Went back to a blade.

My tires are weighted, loaded and chained, and I still have to watch what I'm doing. But, I live in southeastern Ohio, not exactly flat in this end of the state. Plus, my drive is gravel, long, and hilly. It's also prone to icing over due to warming snow melting in the day then freezing as it runs down hill when the temperatures fall at night. So, different scenario I'm sure. Let us know how it works out if/when you get snow.

I have an ace in the whole this year. Iseki/Bolens 2104 with FEL. We'll see how that works.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Oh the New England snow doesn't stand a chance against that monster, NICE.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are 12x12x26 Deestones.

I made rubber motor mounts for the engine and ended up using the solid mounts that were originally between the bottom of the engine and tubes under the fender pan to raise it up enough to clear the tires.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The only problem I had with the ags in south central ohio is that once the snow is packed or with the freeze and thaw it would sit and spin the ags, so you might want to either sheet metal screw them or studs or chains. I am going to run chains this year over my 26x12x12 turf tires and not run my26x12x12 ag tires unless I sheet metal screw them .

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
How well do the screws work compared to chains? I have a spare set of chains off of my Sears Suburban but they are V-bar 4-links and look like they would tear up the driveway pretty good. And being in Connecticut the snow is usually easily kept up with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts