My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dies anyone know the thread size of the oil drain plug in a Briggs 31P677-0132engine (19.5 hp)? I'm wanting to install a different type of drain plug that will make changing the oil easier.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,489 Posts
Most of them are 1/2" NPT available at hardware stores, builders supply and plumbing shops. Don't get plastic.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most of them are 1/2" NPT available at hardware stores, builders supply and plumbing shops. Don't get plastic.

Bob
I know it's either 1/2" or 3/8" NPT. Just wanted to have the new one ready when I change the oil next time,not have to run into town at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
23,489 Posts
If your engine has a drain port on the side, thread in a short pipe with a ball valve on the end and put a plug in the valve for security. Then you don't have to crawl under. Much easier on the back.

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your engine has a drain port on the side, thread in a short pipe with a ball valve on the end and put a plug in the valve for security. Then you don't have to crawl under. Much easier on the back.

Bob
Thanks Bob, this is exactly what I had decided to do after thinking about it some more yesterday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts