·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
I am only a Briggs fan when they are running good.:sidelaugh

·
Denis
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To head off other questions, here's what I posted on the Simplicity Forum: Ok, here's the whole embarrassing story: I was test running the 16 HP Briggs (repowered) I overhauled in my 3414S yesterday when I noticed a slight vibration. Before I could shut down it turned into a BIG vibration followed by a BIG bang. The drive shaft bolts torn out of the motor fan. It looks like the PO had made up PN 8161056 out of iron pipe. The Parts list calls them "Bearing, Pivot Block", but they're more like bushings I think. Anyway, the homemade ones have an excessive inner diameter and got off center causing the vibration and resultant damage. So I am looking for two bearings/bushings, and also a fan, Briggs PN 691151 for a 326400 engine. The engine is #326437-0027-01-907241, SN 683478. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
would that be a cast iron horizontal engine? if so i got one

·
Denis
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's cast iron and horizontal, but I really need to go by part number, as even this engine takes three different fans, and only one will work for me. Do you by any chance have a parts list for the engine the fan came off of so you can check?

·
Denis
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The booster fan (PN 691151) is right out of the Briggs Parts List for the 326400 Model Series engines. The "bearings" or spacer/bushings that caused my problem are Simplicity part # 8161056, and I suspect they fit a broad range of Simplicity models from the mid-70s. I know they're used on both my 7013S and my 3414S. I'm looking for two of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts