My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any further information on this topic? I used the search function to get some info as well as going thru the discussion sin the franken-mowers thread, without much practical information.

I would like to know from the people that have successfully done this transplant what the correct blade height specifications, bolt patterns, and adapters needed to complete the project would be.

the donor deck is a Lawn-boy 5124 aluminium, and the potential engines would be either a new briggs 725exi engine, or an older briggs classic 3.5 or 4hp.

tinkering and curiousity have gotten the better of me, and I really would like to build this machine with one of the proposed briggs engines, but I would truly appreciate hearing first from the knowledgeable people who have already completed such a task.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
I do not think either engine will be plug and play. You most likely will need an engine adapter plate. I have done a Briggs type engine swap on a Lawn Boy but it was a 10xxx series (10201) . Used a Harbor Freight Greyhound. Very nice mower. Did the swap in 2008. That was plug and play. It is the silver deck with red wheels and blue engine. Roger

r
IMG_9412.jpeg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts