My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some issues with my Briggs in my simplicity and cant seem to figure it out myself. At first it stopped running when it backfired I took the flywheel off and everything looked ok with the key so I dont think thats it. At the same time I was changing the ignition switch which was also bad. I have narrowed it down to something I did with the ignition switch that is making it not fire. I did get it to fire off just now once then it quit. Could it be that I shorted out the condensor? Would that show up as low resistance with my multimeter to the case? The magnet was still clean when I had the flywheel off. and there wasn't any mouse damage on the wire to the mag. is it ok that I have a couple ohms of resistance though the mag iteslf? Also... the briggs stops when you ground out the mag completely right? I can intermittently get spark but it seems weak.

Also anyone know how to just wire a coil to this?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but it did run good right before that.... and it did pop off jsut a little bit ago.. run for a few seconds then die

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Runs good now......

after all that do you really think it was something as simple as the wrong kind of spark plug?!?! I didnt think there was much of a diffrence. But I changed it to a taller one rather then the 2 shorties I was interchanging... it runs good....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts