My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do we have any intek experts here? i have a 22hp briggs intek.

mod 407777
type 0607-e2
code 0508 10yg

the engine only runs on full choke and it runs wide open!

if you let off the choke it dies instantly. the carb has been taken apart by the owner of the tractor and i fear that something is missing or put in wrong.

would anyone know of a diagram showing the assembly of the carb?

i am having no luck finding any info. :fing20:

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out this site. http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/ I found it as a "sticky" on the top of the page for this forum. There is a link to all the carbs that gives great detailed pictures of every type and make of carb. I liked it so much I added it to my favorites.
thanks. i somehow missed that one. its in my favorites now to. :trink39:

·
Jersey Mechanic
1,015 Posts
one thing that is throwing me off, is the intek v twin keeps showing a 2bbl carb. this one is only a 1bbl. and the carb/intake appear to be orig.

I believe that is split by date code, the 2 bbl carb. was used on the newer engines, I am building one now out of 2 and one has the large single and the other has the 2 bbl.

Dan

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe that is split by date code, the 2 bbl carb. was used on the newer engines, I am building one now out of 2 and one has the large single and the other has the 2 bbl.

Dan
Have you ever had the 1 bbl apart? one of the pics shows a spring that goes from the float bowl up to the jet. I'm assuming that the spring holds pressure on the jet to keep it in place. but the pic says that some carbs dont have this. i was just curious if yours had this spring?

BTW i pulled the carb off the intake and the throttle plate is there and tight.

thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts