My Tractor Forum banner

Briggs and Stratton rebuild help

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ranchkingron 
#1 ·
Trying to rebuild a b&s 16.5 ohv off a riding mower. Is there any good online tutorials or detail books available?

#2 ·
There are a few vids on YouTube but you have to take some of the sources with a grain of salt.

There are some engine repair Vids around, I would have to do some checking to find them but depending on which B&S you have the factory manuals are really comprehensive and Clymer makes some good ones as well.

What Briggs do you have ?

#4 ·
Ok I have a Briggs similar to yours and I checked my manual it's the same one you need I got mine from Willard's Small Engines but i'm sure allot of places have them.

Willards item # 276781
Briggs manual (272147) Single Cylinder OHV Air-Cooled Engines
http://willardssmallengines.com/
$21.95

It covers everything on these engines and I would have no problem doing a rebuild using this manual it's very comprehensive.

I took some pics of it so you know what to look for.

Hope this helps. Ron

Attachments

#9 ·
never had any problem loading from that site , depending on your internet speed it may tale some time , my manual was 171 pages . hang in there , i use firefox , it's better and FREE .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.