My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to rebuild a b&s 16.5 ohv off a riding mower. Is there any good online tutorials or detail books available?

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Trying to rebuild a b&s 16.5 ohv off a riding mower. Is there any good online tutorials or detail books available?
There are a few vids on YouTube but you have to take some of the sources with a grain of salt.

There are some engine repair Vids around, I would have to do some checking to find them but depending on which B&S you have the factory manuals are really comprehensive and Clymer makes some good ones as well.

What Briggs do you have ?

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Ok I have a Briggs similar to yours and I checked my manual it's the same one you need I got mine from Willard's Small Engines but i'm sure allot of places have them.

Willards item # 276781
Briggs manual (272147) Single Cylinder OHV Air-Cooled Engines
http://willardssmallengines.com/
$21.95

It covers everything on these engines and I would have no problem doing a rebuild using this manual it's very comprehensive.

I took some pics of it so you know what to look for.

Hope this helps. Ron

Attachments

·
Old as Sin
2,187 Posts
Gee thanks,

Where were you when I needed a manual two weeks ago ? LOL

Thanks for the link. Ron

did you ask anyone , all you had to do is a seach for engine manuals on here ,the links been posted before !!!

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
did you ask anyone , all you had to do is a seach for engine manuals on here ,the links been posted before !!!
No Sir I didn't but it's fine I like to have hard copies anyway, I have been trying to download other manuals from KT and two of them are filled with errors Adobe wont even open them ??????

And the one I'm trying to download now has been going for 15 minutes and still hasn't even started ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

P.S. I was joking about the where were you. :sorry1:

·
Old as Sin
2,187 Posts
never had any problem loading from that site , depending on your internet speed it may tale some time , my manual was 171 pages . hang in there , i use firefox , it's better and FREE .

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
never had any problem loading from that site , depending on your internet speed it may tale some time , my manual was 171 pages . hang in there , i use firefox , it's better and FREE .
Ok I just got the same one I have in hardcopy and some of the pages were deleted by KT?

Most are nothing to important but some are, wonder why they would delete them ?

According to Adobe anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts