My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model 407777, type 0137 E1, code 991030YH. The engine was stuck when I got it on a free Yard Man tractor last fall. I started stripping it down. I got all the exterior parts of including the heads. I put a box end wrench on the flywheel nut and with little effort got the engine to rotate. Just one cylinder has rust in it but both pistons go up and down without any problems. I can feel a tiny bit of lateral movement in the crankshaft at the flywheel end of the crank. Does anyone know if there is an actual roller bearing on that end of the crankshaft? The tractor is stripped down and parted out. I think the tractor sat for a while before I got it. I am selling this. I am wondering if it would be fairly easy for another person to hone the rusty cylinder and use this engine short block? I will post pictures later tonight.

·
Certified Technician
8,420 Posts
There is no bearing on the crank, top or bottom...just bare block serving as a bushing.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad I spent $2.50 cleaning this engine at the car wash. As I was taking pictures of it for ebay I noticed that one side of the block is cracked. I'm glad I noticed it now instead of an ebay buyer telling me and having to deal with a refund. I'm sure the oil pan is good,,, hopefully the crank and pistons are sale-able. Between both Inteks 22hp & 24hp both blocks are junk. The 22hp came on a free tractor so I can't complain on that one. I paid $50 for the 24hp knowing it had problems. I sold the carb from the 24hp on ebay for $50 so I am at break even. I will have at least 50 if not more pounds of cast aluminum to haul in with my next load of cans and steel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts