My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been making some progress, got the decals back and I loved the way it looks and thought I would share a quick shot just to let you guys know that I hadn't fallen off the planet. The handle is in PA right now getting chromed and I have all the parts except for the rear wheel bracket. I do have a 21 inch bracket that I am going to splice and weld to make it work for this build. the motor is just sitting on the muff plate right now. I'll put the wheels and adjusters on first and then the motor

·
my 1st LB was a 3060!
435 Posts
I dunno man, but I think that's one of my favorites right there!!

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
I dunno man, but I think that's one of my favorites right there!!
I think that IS my all time favorite right there.
I built a brand new one back in the mid 70's and gave it to my mother in law.
But then, I could still buy all the parts for it, wish I had it back now. Wish I could find the pic I took of it too.
BUT, if there was ever an F engine made with a metal top like that, then that would be my favorite,
Again,, great job Rex !!

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all the kind words, this is the only one that I will ever do this extravagant, it is a dedication to all those OMC workers who gave us a great machine that made life so much easier. My favorite part of that mower is the data plate that Ron punched for me. I'll post pics of that as soon as I can fiqure out how to take close ups that are not blurry. LOL As far using this mower for cutting grass, it will never touch the grass, well as long as I am still living. I do want to thank Ron for the NOS data plate, NOS fuel instruction decal, NOS wheel adjuster tabs, Ryan for the muffler plate, that thing polished up real nice. I would also just like to put a thanks out there to the rest of the MTF crowd for making this forum what it is. It seems like I either learn something new everyday or at least I get a good laugh, and sometimes both. LOL I wish everyone out there a safe and happy labor day weekend. I'll talk to ya Tuesday, got to go visit Mom and Dad in good ole KY.

Take care,
Rex

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
duplicate post

·
4,767 Posts
What bracket are you needing? Looks great!

Thanks guys for all the kind words, this is the only one that I will ever do this extravagant, it is a dedication to all those OMC workers who gave us a great machine that made life so much easier. My favorite part of that mower is the data plate that Ron punched for me. I'll post pics of that as soon as I can fiqure out how to take close ups that are not blurry. LOL As far using this mower for cutting grass, it will never touch the grass, well as long as I am still living. I do want to thank Ron for the NOS data plate, NOS fuel instruction decal, NOS wheel adjuster tabs, Ryan for the muffler plate, that thing polished up real nice. I would also just like to put a thanks out there to the rest of the MTF crowd for making this forum what it is. It seems like I either learn something new everyday or at least I get a good laugh, and sometimes both. LOL I wish everyone out there a safe and happy labor day weekend. I'll talk to ya Tuesday, got to go visit Mom and Dad in good ole KY.

Take care,
Rex

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need the rear wheel mount bracket, the one that is normally riveted to the handle brackets and runs the width of the deck so that the rear wheels are adjusted from one lever. I have the notched lever and spring, but not the 19 inch bracket

·
4,767 Posts
Ill dig around this weekend. I think I still have the one from my commercial 19 donor deck. I do know one of the handle brackets is broken on it, but the lever bracket assembly was still good from my recollection. I removed it all to put the single wheel adjuster setup on it.

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill dig around this weekend. I think I still have the one from my commercial 19 donor deck. I do know one of the handle brackets is broken on it, but the lever bracket assembly was still good from my recollection. I removed it all to put the single wheel adjuster setup on it.
Thanks FT, that would be great if you could find one, yeah the handle brackets I have, as a matter of fact I have 2 sets of those if anyones needs a set.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well I have been making some progress, got the decals back and I loved the way it looks and thought I would share a quick shot just to let you guys know that I hadn't fallen off the planet. The handle is in PA right now getting chromed and I have all the parts except for the rear wheel bracket. I do have a 21 inch bracket that I am going to splice and weld to make it work for this build. the motor is just sitting on the muff plate right now. I'll put the wheels and adjusters on first and then the motor

Excellent job! I want to see the pushbar when it's done. What wheels are you going to use?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You guys are true pros!!! great work

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
That really is a thing of lawn mower beauty! I have a 19" bricktop myself, and thought it was pretty clean... HA!

LB77, that is going to be one nice machine! You gonna build a glass cabinet to house it? :p

I'd love to do something like that myself, but I already know I have very limited patience! Plus finding some of the NOS parts in perfect condition is a real trick. The bright white plastic parts on yours is something that most restos don't have.

·
Cityboy
609 Posts
Beautiful mower, I would love to fine out how all of you guys fine these oem parts and stickers. Does someone make the decal for you and if so WHO? Can they make any LB sticker that a person needs? Who does the reserch to fine out what the sticker and decal are suppose to look like?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts