My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, while Brett was erecting his cab, and I was messing with him, look what I was in the process of buying! Just got started on it today and if I hadn't got interrupted by work I would have had ready for a little final sandblasting and priming by tomorrow. Have a little metal work that must be done and a little fiberglass work (going to strengthen the top) to do before assembling. Does anyone have the install instruction for an Original Cab Company older cab? Maybe I'll name it the "BRETTANATOR" :ROF

Attachments

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
PA318.. I was told there are brackets that go under your fender pan for this to bolt to.. Your cab sure looks a lot like the cab i bought last fall..

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Team Green, that is what I'm trying to find out. I reviewed Glockems cab mount (Cozy Cab) and the brackes I have look exactly the same as his and do not line up for this cab. I emailed the guy I bought this from and he checked with the guy he bought it from (it was mounted to a 318) and the guy said there were no brackets needed under this one. The steel on it would not allow it to be a ROPS like the Cozy Cab does.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Interesting.. I was told by a fella at JD one of their mech lost the brackets for my cab.. It was on a 317 so we all know there was no ROPS for it.. JD didnt want the fender pan supporting the weight and torsional twist of these cabs was what i was told in the end..

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
TG that's interesting! My OTC Cab is fully supported by the plastic fenders! (I wasn't real big on that!) I don't plan on keeping this cab more than a season, the next cab will be supported by the frame :)

PA318, looks like a fun project!

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brett, I was having fun pulling the "old guy" routine with you! I'm going to try to make this a very short project. Hoping to get the little bit of metal work done this week and the fiberglass done by next and get primed and painted and finished within three weeks. This came with a light for the front and the rear and I'm going to look for an amber for the top! Next year I want to try some LED's for around the perimeter and replace the two big spots! Not sure I'll worry about heat this year either! This will be a major improvement over prior years! Maybe I'll just mount the heater in the 2nd picture!! :ROF

·
6,553 Posts
Why not... Paint it green and it'll look alot like my stovepipe setup! :)

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably would've had the striping complete but got called in to work today, just got back about 25 minutes ago! My focus tomorrow is to complete the snowblower and maybe Monday I'll have time to get back on this!

·
6,553 Posts
Better get crankin.. Before ya know it there will be white stuff on the ground!

I just saw six big gobblers in my back yard tonight.. That's a first! I've never had a flock of them at once :)

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

Mine connected with 2 bolts each side at front foot pans ( drilled, bolt, fender washer, lock nut) The rear same right thru the fender,
The 318 is strong enough it didn't have any other support. and never a problem in 20 years.

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes and I haven't even brought in any wood yet and my Durango had a sensor go out on it Friday on the way home and is stuck in 3rd gear so it'll be a week more before I can bring any home. But as long as the snowblower is on and working I can keep up with Old Man Winter!

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Katt, you don't still have the mounting instructions do you? I'm sure I can get it up on the tractor but taking it on and off just to place bolt holes is not my idea of fun! Do you have any more pictures of it on the tractor? Here is another piece that came with it, do you have these?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Turned the book in with the 318 when I traded it. Dad and I didn't bother with those or didn't have them, just drilled thru the foot pad ( the sand paper grips ).
It also had 2- 90 degree brackets that went out by your feet to hold plastic foot things to seal the bottom and keep the snow off the pedals and a yellow plastic protector under the windshield that used snaps like on a convertible boot.
My friend ( my Dad was going to but never got around to it) put in eye bolts in the roof and backs under a pulley and lifts it off doors and all. I had to remove the doors and get a friend to lift it on the dolly you see in the pic.
I have some pics but they never got scanned into iPhoto, gotta get a scanner someday!!

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess I'm going to have to call the Original Tractor Cab company and see if they have a parts manual. I didn't see any 90 degree brackets and I was wondering how it went in around the brakes!

D-Dogg, got to thank you for giving me the heads up on it. The guy I bought it off of was really nice and had a couple of 318's and I think 2 JD 60 little tractors he used in parades!

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts

You may have a different model and those metal foot rests may take the place of the 90 degree brackets I don't know the manufacturer of my cab !!

See the plastic piece below the windshield with the snaps the 90 degree brackets with plastic covers were below that to form the lower square corner.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:goodl: with the project and stay warm this winter. slkpk

·
Super Moderator
32,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You may have a different model and those metal foot rests may take the place of the 90 degree brackets I don't know the manufacturer of my cab !!

See the plastic piece below the windshield with the snaps the 90 degree brackets with plastic covers were below that to form the lower square corner.
That is exactly what I have.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts