My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am starting a restoration on my John Deere 210 garden tractor. I have been looking at everyone's pics of their shiny fixed up tractors and decided to put the 210 under the knife. I started by removing most of the sheet metal and took a few pics for everyone to look at. I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do it time to read up on that

·
Penn State Puller!
2,796 Posts
Good luck on the restoration! I got my 210 back in August and started tearing it apart the next day. Motor hasn't run since then. It took a few minutes to get fired up but once it started, it worked great. I had it sandblasted and primered and soon we are gonna paint it at the shop. Not a bad 210 you have there, the ag tires are a bonus. I can't wait to get some Carlisle ags for my 210.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for wishing me good luck I'm going to need it. This tractor is rough. Funny story about how I came to own this gem, my neighbor had a toro zero turn given to him the previous owner told him the engine was blown. He asked me if I had another engine to put on it and I did so we worked out a deal, I replace the engine on his zero turn and the 210 was mine. I don't know anybody alive that would pass up that deal. upon removing some of the parts off the zero turn engine (flywheel) I discovered the flywheel key had sheared off and the flywheel was not in the correct position. so I replaced the key and it ran like a champ. even though it did not receive a replacement engine my neighbor still gave me the 210 for fixing the toro. I would like to do a full resto on the 210 sandblast everything new paint new tires the works. I would also like to add either hydro or electric lift whichever I can find all the parts for. I plan on mowing, plowing snow, and hauling firewood from the shed to the house in the winter so this 210 isn't going to be a trailer queen. If anyone has info or parts diagrams for either the electric or hydro lift I would greatly appreciate it. I will hopefully have more pictures to post tonight. I got a wedding to go to today but when I get home I will be doing some more disassembly.

·
Super Moderator
33,699 Posts
I recommend a hydro lift for the 210, the electric ones can be overtaxed without the helper spring and burn out and replacement motors for them are expensive. Well gotta give your neighbor credit for honoring his deal even without the replacement engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone possibly have a list of parts I will need to convert to hydro lift? and does the deck lift also lift the snowblade? I plan on plowing snow with this tractor so that is really important thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts