My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody give advice on the recommended or correct break in procedure to follow after rebuilding a Kohler engine. I posted this a while back in the small engine section but didn't get any specific answers, just to hold up on heavy work for a while, which I have done. I've used my tractor since rebuilding the engine solely as a cart puller. I'd estimate that I have between 1 and 1.5 hours run time on the engine. I changed the oil once so far, after the first half hour of run time, it was still fairly clean but I figured it couldn't hurt. Is this engine "broken in" at this point? I think I know the answer to this one, but it ready to cut the grass with? What do I think, well I think it should be more than ready to use, but what do I know.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Sure, it is broken in and ready for regular use ..... It would not hurt to change the oil. Oil is cheap and they don't have a filter .... 30W motor oil ...

:trink39:

·
Lawnboy
93 Posts
Sure, it is broken in and ready for regular use ..... It would not hurt to change the oil. Oil is cheap and they don't have a filter .... 30W motor oil ...

:trink39:
I agree, it is ready, I change oil a couple times in the first few hours to look and see if there are any metal filings in it.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
No offense meant, however, this has been a somewhat protracted process and I hope I speak for everyone here when I say.

WHERE ARE THE PICS ???????????????????????????/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts