My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd share a few pics of my pickles I did tonight. There is a thread on jalapeños and it turned into a pickling thread but I didn't want to completely take that over so.......anyway hare are a few pictures....I haven't tried them yet but man these look great. I heard them pop a few minutes ago.

I used this recipe... and I'll be doing the jalapinos this week too:trink39: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/bread_and_butter_pickles/
thanks Brad on this thread for posting the link!!
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=138196&page=2

·
Old Stonebreaker
3,398 Posts
The wife just made a bunch bread&butters and dills. Our cuke vines have gone nuts this year and now we're hanging sacks of them on neighbor's doors!!
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wife just made a bunch bread&butters and dills. Our cuke vines have gone nuts this year and now we're hanging sacks of them on neighbor's doors!!
Mike
I know, I don't have any idea what's going on this year. I pull at least 2 from each plant a day. I have 4 plants.....I grow mine upward.....it makes it easier(for me) to see the veggies and saves space. Here's a pic of how mine are set-up. I have two varieties, don't know what the name is though...don't pay any attention to the date on those pics.....I forgot to set it on the camera :banghead3

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
The pickles and the gardens looks super. My wife does the dill pickles and I must do the bread and butter as she doesn't like them! Not sure I will get to them this year...too busy with other projects. Thanks for sharing the pics.:fing32:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Those look tasty, thanks for sharing. I may have to use that recipe for my cukes.

I made my first Dilly Beans the other night, and can't wait to eat them! Planted over 1,000 sq ft this year with the hopes of preserving as much food as possible.

No one leaves my house without a zucchini!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
sg 69 .looks like you use nothing but the best in your pickles.wouldn,t a little red sweet pepper like purty in them jars.and them plants are just purfect.real nice pictures.

·
Administrator
21,608 Posts
Nice job, guys! Really looks and sounds good, too. Be sure to let us know how they taste.

My mom used to can corn relish that still makes my mouth water, and every year did some "End of the garden" relish. Took a little bit of everything at the end of the season and made a relish. That really tasted good on Thanksgiving, fellas!

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
Wifey made some millionare relish today (double batch)

Nice job, guys! Really looks and sounds good, too. Be sure to let us know how they taste.

My mom used to can corn relish that still makes my mouth water, and every year did some "End of the garden" relish. Took a little bit of everything at the end of the season and made a relish. That really tasted good on Thanksgiving, fellas!

Attachments

·
Red Tractor Fan
1,704 Posts
I am getting ready to do these tomorrow. The cukes are not the normal ones though, I will be making them with the lemon cukes. (less bitter) I just picked about half a bushel of them! Early on I thought the cukes were going to be a bust, then at the end of the season they just went nuts!

Here was the first batch I pulled out. Today I picked one of those wooden boxes full!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts