My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within 10 hours, PTO stopped working. (I should say, it arrived with the Tach not working and required being replaced, sigh...)

Here we are under 15 hours, and the PTO has stopped again.

The first time it stopped, it was a "BAD CELL" and was replaced (under warranty, naturally)... And now that it happened a second time just today, husband and I are both VERY weary.

We assumed getting a new tractor meant the END of the periodic problems we had with our 1941 Ford 9N.

$23,000 (including taxes and accessories) later, we find ourselves in the same bind as if we kept the old 9N.

We are VERY disappointed.

And while the Service dept will fix it, they are charging us for the haul. ($80 round trip!)

We don't have a truck.

No one mentioned that when you get a new tractor, you should have a truck and trailer to haul it back and forth to get it fixed. :crybaby:

Again, sulky and disappointed!

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? ANOTHER cell?! Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'd be ****** too,and I wouldn't be paying the hauling fee.they would haul it and keep it.Hope they fix it right this time.

·
MTF MEMBER
185 Posts
i wouldn't pay the hauling fee ether it is under warranty and its there problem to deal with in my mind after all you spent a lot of $$$$ on that tractor and i know around hear on warranty work the shipping if they can't fix it on site is free i would take this issue to someone higher on the totem pole if it was me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are saying that all warranty work MUST be done ON SITE. So they will not fix it for free at our home.

They have agreed to haul it for free.

But, I'm still concerned that this problem will not be a cell (sp?!) issue.

Service already said when the 'fixed' it the first time, the cell ACTUALLY worked, but they replaced it anyway. And it worked.

So we get it home and now the PTO isn't working at all.

What if the cell still works?

What is the problem now?

Just puzzling because we REALLY LIKE all aspects of this tractor, but want that PTO to work reliably....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts