My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Brake Shoe Replacement on 800 Series Ford Tractor

I put together these PDF files on how to do brake and seal replacement on a hundred series tractor after I received some questions from different forum members. I needed to repair a seal leaking on my 850 and decided to document the process, hope it helps.

While this does apply specifically to the hundred series Fords the basics can also be used to repair the late model 8N's with seals in the axle housing and Naa's. The spring connections will differ slightly but the basic process is the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
THANKS! Very informative. My old 850 has been begging for some new brakes for a while. Your knowledge, tips, and tricks will be very helpful!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to make this. I'm sure some of the members will get some use out of it. Perhaps these should go in the stickies section?

Kirk

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moderator DJ said he would add it to add it to the stickies a few weeks ago. I also sent him a parts manual pdf for the 850 to be added to the manuals section.

·
Registered
95 Posts
John,
This is a great resource. I wish it had been posted when I did my brakes so that I didn't have to bug you so much:).
Thanks again.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John,
This is a great resource. I wish it had been posted when I did my brakes so that I didn't have to bug you so much:).
Thanks again.

Sent from the MTF Free App
:thThumbsU Gotta give you part of the credit, that is what prompted me to put this together. That plus the leaking seal got me off my rump and do my brakes that were in need and it was just in time to prevent damaging the drums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts