My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even when my lawn tractor is running, shifting into gear, it doesn't move.

Murray 42816B, OHV16 Tecumseh

I looked underneath, and on the side of the crank case there seems to be a small brake with a lever coming off it. Nothing is connected to the lever. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to connect it. ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1365561057.781082.jpg ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1365561080.470494.jpg ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1365561113.008708.jpg ImageUploadedByMyTractorForum Free App1365562150.985919.jpg

You'll notice the lever in the side of the brake has a kink in it- it seems like when that lever is pulled back, it may release the brake?

In the diagram, the part I'm discussing is just right of part #47.

I've shot upwards to show nothing is connected to it. The diagram shows nothing connected to this brake.

When I press the clutch/brake, nothing seems to release.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I don't see a belt hooked to the drive pulley of the tranny. With the deck removed you need to get under there and have somebody push and release the brake/clutch pedal and see what's happening and also see where the drive belt has gone to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked under and did see the belt connected.

My friend moved the clutch/brake lever and it moves a long rod, but nothing else moves

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha! The park brake latch has completely fallen off and the brake extension spring is disconnected.

The wheels spin freely, so it seems the brake must not be working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts