My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. so far this year my normal mower [a 1970 JD112] is under the knife for a engine rebuild, and last week my back up mower [87 Ingersoll 222 with 44" deck] seased the deck!!:banghead3:banghead3 Well I had to mow becouse we are having two birthday partys this weekend. [I cant belive my little girl is 8 allready!!!] soo a little back story.....

Well... a few years ago, we picked up a Huskavarna YTH2454 for my mom's/sisters place when I got tired of running over all the time to fix up the old mower.[my JD] It has worked pretty well for the acre of lawn that they mow. other then one issue with not starting from a valve adjustment issue at 5 or 6 hours of use, it has held up well for them.

Well needing to mow for the partys, I went over and scabbed the tractor from my sister. You know... I got to tell ya, it did a AWSOME job on my 3ish acres of lawn!!! Nice cut eaven in the real tall/wet stuff [ok a little clumpng there, but thats to be expected] and it cut my mowing time in HALF!!!! between the wider deck,[54" vs. 44", or 42"] and a higher speed, it just wipped right through it!!! granted, my lawn is pretty rough, and bumpy, and some hills in it, so how many years it would hold up is anyones guess, but I gotta say it was enjoyable to use!.

Soo.... I have been tossing around getting some kinda a lawn tractor for the wife for just the main flat.level part of the yard to speed up the mowing chores... I think that will be stepped up knowing how well it worked.

·
Administrator
21,252 Posts
Glad you had a backup machine you could get your hands on, Paul. Didn't realize you have 3 acres to tend. How long does it normally take with your other mowers? A bit over 3-3.5 hrs?

·
Super Moderator
31,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you had a backup machine you could get your hands on, Paul. Didn't realize you have 3 acres to tend. How long does it normally take with your other mowers? A bit over 3-3.5 hrs?
normaly about 2 and a half hours. Granted I like mowing, but that takes a chunk of time out of the weekend!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts