My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke down and bought a snow blower for my 322 I am planning to give it a shot this winter. This unit is in excellent condition. I took a couple of pictures. Sure would be nice to have hydraulic shoot control. Does anyone have pictures of how they mounted there shoot control. I figure I am going to have to grin and bear it as I drill holes to mount the linkage since the 322 doesn't have a place for it to bolt to. Also I took a "You can tell I live in Ohio picture" with the blower on the front and my tiller on the back lol, we always say around here if you don't like the weather wait a minute and it will change.
PS. I had the support and belt off of the hydro pump underneath, that is why it is hanging like it is.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks like a nice one! You will have fun with that. I just hope you dont have a stone driveway? I sold mine in the spring after I spent two days racking up stones that were 15/20 feet out into my yard.

·
Super Moderator
35,878 Posts
Nice looking snowblower! Course you know that means you'll only have an inch all winter!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
The #49 blower is built rugged.
Not sure what you mean chute control mount ??
The thing you twist is held be a bracket that bolts to the tractor almost opposite of the 2 handles. If that is what you mean I may have a pic, Did the bracket come with the blower ??

NO GRILL EMBLEM ????????????:crybaby::banghead3

·
Super Moderator
35,878 Posts
I've seen the snowblower for the 400 series that had the hydraulic chute control and I'm also looking to find just the chute control as I think it will mount up to the Model 49 without too much fabrication!

·
MTF Member
255 Posts
Nice snow blower. I need to find one for my 318 before it gets cold and the snow is here. I either see ones that are junk and need a lot of work or ones that are overpriced.

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
as I drill holes to mount the linkage since the 322 doesn't have a place for it to bolt to.
:Stop: Look on the right side panel near the pedestal area. Is there a solt there woth a bolt above it? That's where the chute pivot linkage plate mounts on my 214. 300 series may be the same.

·
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!
1,244 Posts
Nice blower, what did it cost you?

Im thinking hard about adding an electric chute control to my blower. Not that the 49 needs it as fast and easy as the stock control works, but more in the vein of I like to modify stuff. BTW, I blow snow with the tiller on also. My neighbor asked why and I told him it was to protect the tractor in the event that I backed into his car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry it took me so long to get back been busy this is our county fair week, and I have had to work there after work for my volunteer Fire Dept. Thanks for the complements, I do have a gravel drive but I figure that wont be much problem.

Katt, The bracket came with the blower, however there are no holes in the tractor to mount it up so I am going to have to drill holes. If you would send a pic that would be much appreciated. and no grill emblem yet, needs repainted first.

PA318Guy I know what ya mean you buy something because of how bad last winter was and then you don't get any snow for a few years. However when I bought the snow blade for my quad we got some snow. I plan to use the blower primarily and not have to put my blade on my tractor or my quad, snow blade on my quad interferes with hunting and is a pain to put on then take it back off then back you, you get the picture. I have been told the control from the blower you mention is a direct fit, it is just a matter of being able to find one and not paying to much for it.

Herd of Deeres the 300 series is the same, the holes are there on my 314, just no holes on my 322 for it.

RaisedByWolves I fell I paid top dollar for this blower @ 525 however it is the nicest one I have came across so far, it has original paint and you can tell it really wasn't used much at all. I like to modify stuff to, never though or electric control. I am not planning on leaving the tiller on I was just moving stuff around and the tiller had never been taken off from a long time ago. I should have plenty of weight without it, I have liquid filled tires, 50lbs wheel weights on now, plus have a second set of wheel weights I can add if I need them, also my 200lb but in Carhartts and tire chains if all else fails.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts