My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so after a ton of searching I finally found a 60 mid mount blade. I found it through google at a Ritchie Brothers auction in Denver. I am currently looking at having it shipped but not liking the quotes I am receiving. ($1500, was one of them) I am currently looking at other options, and possibly going out there myself and getting it. I paid just over 300 for it on the auction after auction fees. I am hoping I can stay below $800 for everything. Here are some pics. It looks exactly like Tmsoko's blade he has/ had. It has the same blue tape on the top, and the sticker is scratched off on the same spot. I haven't reached out to him to see if it is his, but really what are the chances it is?

If anyone wants to make some money and possibly pick the blade up and meet me somewhere between MI and Denver I will pay cash for your time. LOL.

Here are some pics from the auction site.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,203 Posts
Cool! I want one of those myself. If you can't make it work, let me know

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
854 Posts
Thats a good price, and if you can keep the total down even better. I bought mine for $750 last summer and still haven't mounted it yet.. someday...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Just looked it up they have no Denver location so its not to likely for them to try to arrange any type of shipment. Still when does it need to be picked up by?

·
Super Moderator
13,200 Posts
Fastenal? If Richie won’t crate it have someone from Uship pick it up and pallet it and drop it off at the closest Fastenal location?

I’m shocked that blade didn’t sell for more. It was posted on two or three facebook groups.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey gang, Yes I am quite pleased with the overall price. I don't neccesarily have a use for it, but the rarity of the attachment made it so desirable. Hopefully I can get it before to long.

I am not exactly sure when it needs to be picked up by, but the sooner the better IMO.

Going off what mmrbeef had mentioned about fastenal, would anyone close to the Denver area be willing to pick it up for me, toss it on a pellet and bring it to a fastenal? I know it is a tall order to ask. The city is actually Longmont, CO. just north of Denver, where the auction house is located.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
Hey gang, Yes I am quite pleased with the overall price. I don't neccesarily have a use for it, but the rarity of the attachment made it so desirable. Hopefully I can get it before to long.

I am not exactly sure when it needs to be picked up by, but the sooner the better IMO.

Going off what mmrbeef had mentioned about fastenal, would anyone close to the Denver area be willing to pick it up for me, toss it on a pellet and bring it to a fastenal? I know it is a tall order to ask. The city is actually Longmont, CO. just north of Denver, where the auction house is located.
Besides fastenal You Can try Mayflower Movers That is who Roeder https://www.lawnpower.com/ uses to ship there Tractors around Nice thing about a Moving company is they will Pick it Up and Pack it

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the continued suggestions guys. I am currently negotiating with someone from uship and contacting mayflower as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Neat find! For the uneducated (me), does the mid mount work better for grading than the front 54” blade? Most road graders have them belt mount so I assume it’s the most efficient for that task. How does it work dirt compared to a box blade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neat find! For the uneducated (me), does the mid mount work better for grading than the front 54” blade? Most road graders have them belt mount so I assume it’s the most efficient for that task. How does it work dirt compared to a box blade?

For grading this is the best way to get the most consistent grade. I personally have never used one and have only ever seen 1 video of one working which was just a quick clip. I don't have a use for this personally, but because they quit making these they're becoming harder and harder to find.

Also I did find another individual that is local that does transporting for a local heavy equipment re seller. The re seller buys from the auction company I purchased the blade from. I just need to call him and work out some details. Will update within the next few days with my findings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For grading this is the best way to get the most consistent grade. I personally have never used one and have only ever seen 1 video of one working which was just a quick clip. I don't have a use for this personally, but because they quit making these they're becoming harder and harder to find.

Also I did find another individual that is local that does transporting for a local heavy equipment re seller. The re seller buys from the auction company I purchased the blade from. I just need to call him and work out some details. Will update within the next few days with my findings.
I would imagine it’s easier to get things dead level since it hangs in between the wheels so it’s averaging the front and rear wheel height. Anything out front or behind will be at the end of the line and either the highest or lowest spot. Using the draft arms I guess you can also set a minimum height using the deck depth stop, which is not available for a front blade and harder to adjust with a 3 point depth stop. Sure looks neat, post more pictures once you’ve got it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure looks neat, post more pictures once you’ve got it.

Defiantly will.

Found a local carrier from a friend of mine that is heading that way to grab another lot from the same location and said he'd toss it on the trailer for me for a "couple hundred bucks". I didn't ask exactly what it would cost, because it is already cheaper than me heading there to get it. Now I am getting antsy to get it!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I finally got the call I have been waiting for. The 60 Mid Mount Blade was in and ready to be picked up. I asked the company what it was going to cost me for shipping. The guy replied with "eh, give me 100 bucks" I am glad I was sitting down when he said it. I asked, "are you sure?" and he said "yup!" Off to the bank I went to get some cash. I went to the equipment company that buys and sells used equipment and paid the guy the 100 bucks and loaded it in my truck. I got it home, sprayed some degreaser on it and cleaned it up. Then took the video below. Enjoy.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Super Moderator
26,422 Posts
Hey, I couldn't tell in the video if you were excited to get it finally! Do you think you do another video and sound a bit more excited??

Just kidding!!! 😂 I think if you had a sand pile to play it would have been leveled 10 times already!! Congrats on getting the "Holy Grail"

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think if you had a sand pile to play it would have been leveled 10 times already!! Congrats on getting the "Holy Grail"
You are 100% correct with that statement!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts