Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8

Notice the unoriginal, but very original black background side stickers. Original is wood grain but that would not match my originaly painted unoriginal tractor :fing20::fing32:

The to do list:
Cut out headlight backgrounds, install headlights
paint various nuts/bolts
up/down position cable and knob
replace starter switch
fabricate stainless exhaust system
finish painting wheel weights and install

Theres a couple more neat idea's I have for it that I'll leave as suprises...

:trink40: Cheers guys

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
That looks AWESOME! I love the paint job too. Now you have me thinking what my 1886 would look like painted in different colors...

Jason

·
5,525 Posts
Wow! The old bolens dont look to bad in black.

Very nice job you did.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Beautiful work. One is only limited to what it can look like by his imigation.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wow! The old bolens dont look to bad in black...
As your build was progressing, I thought that beautiful dark gray body was going to be too dark on all that black. I was off i guess, because that looks amazing. That seat is nice too!

Where did you get those "black on chome" decals? I got pictures of 2 different 1455's that are very similar.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you get those "black on chome" decals? I got pictures of 2 different 1455's that are very similar.
SamsBolens, special order b/c that is not what he usually has printed.

VERY Nice !!

Are the foot-pads on the seat-pan the self-adhesive material? Curious if masking off and spraying bed-liner would work.

-Neil
They are Line-X spray on bed liner. Done by a Line-X dealer in burlington, ontario: Krown Oil Spray/Line X

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Greetings Gyrotech . Very nice work . This is the first I've seen of this thread and the first time I've seen close up pictures of the rear end in these Bolens tractors . What can you tell me about these rear ends . Are they manufactured by Bolens . Do all the Bolens tractors use the same rear ends . Do the diesel engine Bolens use the same rear end . Any info would be appreciated . Thanks , Mike

·
deevemon
199 Posts
Absolutely beautiful work, Gyrotech! Your posts seem to always inspire me to keep on keeping on with my tractor.

:congrats:

·
5,525 Posts
Greetings Gyrotech . Very nice work . This is the first I've seen of this thread and the first time I've seen close up pictures of the rear end in these Bolens tractors . What can you tell me about these rear ends . Are they manufactured by Bolens . Do all the Bolens tractors use the same rear ends . Do the diesel engine Bolens use the same rear end . Any info would be appreciated . Thanks , Mike
The rear you see in his bolens is a Eaton 12
Eaton Built the pumps well Bolens built the axel part.

Only the 1250, 1455, 1476, 1477, and 1886-01 - 1886-04 had the Eaton 12.
Bolens also use other rear ends as well in other models.
The diesel bolens do not use the same rear as the large frames.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Wow, that is gorgeous!! Very VERY nice. I lovvve that color! And that seat... WOW!! Is that leather? Must be very comfortable and that Bolens red stitching is teriffic!! :thThumbsU You have great taste.

Are going to add lights to the front?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have to admit...I like original but that black looks great. Thanks for the updates. Nice job

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
You did a beautiful job on that tractor. The black really looks nice on it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Glad everybody likes the color as much as me. Was a hard choice but seems the right choice. Thanks for all the compliments guys! :thanku:

Absolutely beautiful work, Gyrotech! Your posts seem to always inspire me to keep on keeping on with my tractor.

:congrats:
Thanks deevemon, that means alot. :fing32:

Wow, that is gorgeous!! Very VERY nice. I lovvve that color! And that seat... WOW!! Is that leather? Must be very comfortable and that Bolens red stitching is teriffic!! :thThumbsU You have great taste.

Are going to add lights to the front?
The seat was done by Eagle Canvas apholstry, burlington ontario. I was told it's the same material used in bmw's. Also it's marine grade material. It's as real of a leather as car leather is. It is quite comfortable, they did a fantastic job.

I do have lights for the front, just not on yet.

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
I was told it's the same material used in bmw's.
Oh man, that's great! I bet it has that nice smell too. You're gonna love having the leather because not only is it comfortable, but it's so easy to take of, just clean and wipe everything away.

I think you've just set the standard for tractor seats.:thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 22 Posts