My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tractor Junkie
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if its possible to boost up hydraulic pressure on a JD 3005?

Its got power but I would like more at a lower RPM I've read about putting shims in the pump but I want detailed instuctions if available

·
22,083 Posts
It's possible, but if you don't have an understanding of hydraulics and the availability of parts to do repairs, don't do it. The manufacturer set relief valve limits to protect the system. There is some wiggle room on the pressures but they don't want to repair this stuff under warranty, and you don't after warranty, unless it's plain worn out from lots of use. I don't know the pressure JD runs, but my GC2310 is 1950 psi. and my MF1655 is 750 psi. Most hoses are rated at 2500 psi. and cylinder packing is about the same.

The other way to increase power is with larger diameter cylinders which carries its own problems, to wit, overstressing equipment and slower speed. I assume the issue is with your loader. Price a new front axle to determine if you are willing to pay for increased lifting power at lower RPM, and check the specs to see how much you can increase power and get away with. I've broken both front spindles right off the axle on my MF1655, one of them twice, and I have no intention of doing that to my GC2310. If I need to lift something really heavy, I'll park the 2310 and get the 1655. I have a spare axle for it.

You will note that while the pressure on my 1655 is considerably lower, it will out lift my 2310 by 50%, at idle. Geometry and cylinder size are why.

Just food for thought.

Bob

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts