My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Denis
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 3414S I'm fixing up came without lights, and a 16 HP Briggs that I just overhauled. I want to add headlights that will bolt to the hood, but am limited by the 5 Amp AC output of the dual-amp alternator. Maximum total lighting draw is 100W. If I could find bolt-ons that use the 35W PAR 36 bulb that would be perfect. Have any of you seen anything you think might work?

·
Registered
786 Posts
:confused:Why not use the original s/gen and the in place wiring on the 3414? Using the the(2) 35 watt bulbs would still be 10 watts short but if you ran the lights normally wired into into a good sized battery you should be able to light up a long time before you'ld be in the dark!:goodl::rauch10:

·
Denis
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PO junked the mo/gen and light wiring so I'm starting from scratch. Even if I don't really need the lights, I'm looking for something to fill the holes in the hood where the lights used to be and the switch hole in the dash. PO had enlarged the light switch hole, probably with a hacksaw blade - it's really rough - and put a starter push button in. I went back to the key starter with an old Ford solenoid so I could hook up the PTO and gear shift safeties. So that's why I'm looking for some inexpensive, low wattage, bolt-on lights. And, who knows, it might even snow some day here in NW Washington and I'll get to plow out my neighbor's driveways in the dark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts