My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my 10545 and 22260 have the discharge/mulch plate stuck on. I've tried all the force I can manage and I haven't been able to turn the main bolt to release it at all. Any tricks you guys use other than cutting it off?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Both my 10545 and 22260 have the discharge/mulch plate stuck on. I've tried all the force I can manage and I haven't been able to turn the main bolt to release it at all. Any tricks you guys use other than cutting it off?
Spray underside of bolt with Penetrant..usually I use PB Blaster. But if its the metal nut contraption -it's stuck. Get the vise grips and cutter and you are going to have to cut the top of the plastic screw off and use a racthet and vise grips to get it off. Biggest pain about the restores in my book.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thanks guys. I took some vice grips to the black plastic thing on top, it was just spinning on the bolt. Removed it, and used a socket to remove the bolt. Good as new.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
I've had to cut mine with a hacksaw before....now I put a small bit of grease on the threads and excersise them through the year since I mulch only.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I've had to cut mine with a hacksaw before....now I put a small bit of grease on the threads and excersise them through the year since I mulch only.
I anti-seize them even if the reciever is plastic and also move it every week to keep them from locking in there. Also you don't need much stank on those things they stay put.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah, it's a square plastic nut/receiver, so it's not like it's metal-on-metal stuck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts