My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a bolens walk behind at the Oakley show and I just had to have it.

It’s missing the hood, a drive lever, the chain cover, and it don’t have spark but I plan to get it going and restored.

Came with a plow, cultivator, disk and the sickle bar.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'm always fascinated by walk-behinds. I cannot believe the work they can do with their small horsepower engines.

New mowers seem to "need" 23 hp just to cut grass, but those walk-behinds churn acres of earth with only 5 hp.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
C2H8O I was thinking the same thing you have snowblowers out there with 12HP motors but yet if you put a blade on that walk behind it would move a 3 foot wall of snow.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:congrats::congrats:

·
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm always fascinated by walk-behinds. I cannot believe the work they can do with their small horsepower engines.

New mowers seem to "need" 23 hp just to cut grass, but those walk-behinds churn acres of earth with only 5 hp.
I belive this one it only 2.5HP.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Depending on model number, it may be the Power Ho Deluxe (12BB01). If it is the Deluxe, it is missing the "hood" which is actually two parts: a cast iron piece (the "grill") that stands in front of the engine, and a curved sheet metal piece that goes between the top of the "grill" and the front of the gas tank.

I just picked up a plow blade for mine, which still has the remnants of the original decal on the back side, although not much paint left overall. I also have a decent sickle bar mower for it, and the factory sulky.

Too bad these early walkbehinds did not have reverse! I am thinking of using mine with the sulky for tractor swap meet duty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts