My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in contact with a fellow who's selling two of these... One is a 1951 with a 2.5 and the other has a 3.5 Kohler... .They both look original and both have a rather large cyclebar mower as well as a factory sulky. The guy wants $400.00 for the both of them.

Should I pull the trigger on this deal or let it pass. They both look complete and both are running...

Let me know quick....

Thanks Mike.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I dont know,,, guess it depends on whether you like Bolens walkers, as always beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. I dont think you would be able to flip em and make much if thats what you have in mind, I personally think they are priced on the upper end, but Im sure you could get 400 bux worth a work out of em if you can find/make other attachments. If your into 2 wheelers Im sure you already know the new ones are pretty spendy and if all your doing is pulling or pushing these oldies work just fine in my opinion for the money spent, now if your in need of high hp pto work, well,,,, they just wont spin much with 2.5 or 3.5 hp.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Sounds high to me, they are more of a novelty than anything. If you need them to do work, you could probably get an old Gravely for the same money that will work harder, be easier to find parts for, and more attachments readily available. With that said, if you need a sickle bar mower for your property, you could not buy a new one for what he's asking for these two. They are really neat machines. Ed

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ed,

Thanks for the input...

I'll have to think about this for a little while...

My wife will be happy I've gotten the respones I have on these...

Mike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts