My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a mower deck for my 1054. Not sure the model but it appears that the mounting brackets on the deck are from a different mower. There are four spots where there clearly used to be some other mounts. I am looking for a picture of a mounted mower deck on a similar tractor. Specifically the right side where it connects to the raise/lower lever.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
There were several hanger set ups. Often there were extra holes left for a different hanger system. Could you post pictures of your deck and your tractor? I will post pictures of a similar one mounted for you once I can see what type it is.

Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pictures. I got the mower deck mounted to the tractor the other night but I can not find a way to connect it to the raise/lower arm with the hardware that came with it. Missing from the pictures is a "J" shaped bracket that was in the place that would connect the deck to the raise/lower arm...but it did not fit. It also does not really hang level but I think it needs to be connect to the raise/lower lever for that to happen.

Right side hanger setup.

Left side hanger setup.

Mower deck model number.

Tractor.

Thanks1

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

Let me know if you need others.

Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jason. So I am pretty certain I have a hodgepodge of a mower deck. The deck is a model 18446 and the hanger setup is from the type model deck that you have. Do you know what model it is?

Also could take one more picture for me. I need one of the piece that is highlighted in red below. I think that is the "J" piece that I have. And, the part highlighted in green travel in between the foot rest and the frame? Mine seems to hit the foot rest and not have the room to travel forward.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I will get some additional pictures of that for you tommorow. I belive it is that j shaped piece. I THINK the deck I have is a 18423 or something very similar. I looked at the parts manual for your deck, which can be found here http://sonnysbolens.com/manuals/images/tubeframe/attachments/18446-01-02.pdf and I think that yours had the newer style hangers put on it. There is no reason that this would not work (I have a deck on my 1050 that was changed from the late hangers to the early hangers). My lift linkage rubs on the foot rest spacer as well. I guess that is normal. I prefer the older style lift setup, which lifts the deck up better IMO. If you are interested in a set of correct hangers for your deck, I have a set available.

Jason

·
5,525 Posts
I dont think you use the J on that deck?

Is that a dealer tag on the side of the tractor? Can I get a pick of it?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I dont think you use the J on that deck?

Is that a dealer tag on the side of the tractor? Can I get a pick of it?
Normally you would not use the j with that deck, but that has the later hanger system that uses the J.

Jason

·
5,525 Posts
Jerome, are you looking for old dealer tags? If so, I could send you a few.
Looking anthing bolens I can put in the book I am putting togather.

:thanku:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Here are more pics of the J piece.

Jason

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the deck mounted and running today. I had to remove the hanger setup from the deck and remount it. It was not mounted squarely and was working against itself when lifting. The J piece fit just like in your pictures. Thanks! I also had to fabricate two of the pins that the hanger setup hangs from on the tractor. I only had the front ones for some reason. I took it out for a mow and it worked great. I can cut the grass roughly between 2 and 4 inches high.

Unfortunately, after a half hour of mowing the left blade pulley started wobbling violently. Bearings must be toast. Then, on my way to park it, the left front tire split right down the center of the tread. I'll get it back up and running soon : )

Thanks for all the pictures and tips.

-Chris

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Talk about coming apart on you. Could remind you of some of the cartoons, where the car had pieces and parts falling off of it as it went along until there wasn't any wheels, and it slammed to the ground.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts