My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jacques
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Since MTD bought Garden Way, we couldn't found any Bolens or Troy Bilt in Canada.

This year, the Troy Bilt product are sold in exclusivity by Canadian Tire and the Bolens are offered in 3 new tractor entirely different of the one on the bolens.com site. Rather than offer a Bolens in the deep lower class, the new Bolens has hydro transmission, cast iron front axle, hour meter, etc. They will probably be offered as an exclusive product somewhere, but don't know yet which one.

If someone would want to see what they look like :
http://www.mtdcanada.com/products-tractors.asp

Jacques

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Finally! MTD moving Bolens in the right direction!

They look a lot like the White made by MTD. Now if they would add a beefy GT along the lines of a Cub, they might actually cash in on the Bolens heritage of over 150 years! But these are much nicer looking that the offerings of a year or two ago.

I don't see any mention of Cub on that page. Are Cubs available in Canada?

·
Jacques
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cub was available in the past years, but as you saw, the Cub, White and others doesn't appear on the mtdcanada site.

As you mentioned, this Bolens look like the last year Cub model, but the Cub has now a new dress.

We should see where they will be sold in the next weeks.
Jacques

·
Super Moderator
32,061 Posts
sixchows said:
Finally! MTD moving Bolens in the right direction!

They look a lot like the White made by MTD. Now if they would add a beefy GT along the lines of a Cub, they might actually cash in on the Bolens heritage of over 150 years! But these are much nicer looking that the offerings of a year or two ago.

I don't see any mention of Cub on that page. Are Cubs available in Canada?
So what would you like to see them do with Bolens now? Its tough in a case like this, with the past models being SO tough, and being bought out by the biggest "low dollor" maker. Would you like to see them with Cub level michanes, or maybe eaven a step up from that?

·
Registered
790 Posts
MTD has so much flexibility in their manufacturing and owns so many brand names.........nothing would surprise me anymore....lol.

We did well with the little 28" Yard Bug made in a Canadian plant MTD owns ....it was sold here as a YardMan,White & Cub. Sweet little mower..had a few quirks.......but would bag well and was very compact without being "little"..........perfect for our island yards. Droppped from Cub 2 years ago..everywhere else USA this year. Don't see it on the MTD-Canada site either. Too bad. Everyone wants bigger decks,bigger engines,etc etc

footnote:Check out the facility of MTD Stamping in Canada ....Whoa! 30 presses to 600 Tons....click on the capabilites page and look at all the equipment.....could have fun there. :dancingpa

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Well I know MTD wants Cub as their flagship division but I think they could bring bolends up to near that level with a relationship like chevy/pontiac or ford/mercury. Let the cub be a a little fancier but have the bolens on the same field.

What would really be cool? Bring back the tubeframe! But in a hydro version only! So easy to do, and cheap enough too. Just make the 1225 again, hydro with diff lock. Sort of a retro tractor like they are doing with cars like the mustang, t-bird etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts