My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Exactly how many bolts can safely be omitted when reassembling the cooling tin around the motor?

Answer:
None! They don't have a single spare bolt in there. If you leave one bot out, you can be sure that you're putting stress on another area.

My PTO wiring repair has involved a certain amount of dis-assembly...
During this work, I've discovered the previous owner left out (or loose) 3 bolts, resulting in a bunch of broken welds and busted tin.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mine had all the bolts still in the cooling shrouds and yet there were more cracks than I would care to count. High frequency vibrations are murder on sheet metal. Overlooking that, they are a nice machine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I spent a good 3 hours reinforcing the sheet metal with tin and rivets. The machine sounds GREAT now without all that rattling metal.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I had to do a lot of sheet metal repairs on my KT19 shrouds also, but now it is solid and looks great.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I just sold the Kohler and installed a kubota. As far as noise goes I don't think anything was gained. It was when the kohler was hanging on the hoist that I noticed all the cracks. Just for the record the Bolens 1600 I found for a friend had the same problem and rattled more then the GT2000.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if the metal's gonna break apart with all the bolts in it, it doesn't stand a chance when 4 of 20 are missing.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts