My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been an active reader for the past 2-months prior to my registeration. I am in need of dire help with my Bolens ST110 lawn tractor, and I hope someone can provide me with some ideas or suggestions.

I have an 11HP Bolens ST110 Eliminator series Lawn mower/tractor, which the deck does not engage to cut my lawn and a friend told me I need a PTO clutch. My questionsare:

1) Where can I purchase the PTO for an older equipment like I have

2) What is the part number for the PTO clutch, because I have search the internet and have still not been able to find one for my model.

3) I am pretty handy (installed my own garage door opener, light fixtures etc). Is this something I can do on my own?

I will appreciate any help, comments, ad suggestions.

Thanks in advance to all readers.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
First :MTF_wel: glad to have another ST owner aboard. If ya go to www.sonnysbolens.com you can download all the manuals for the tractor and mower decks, and they also have parts for most of this stuff, spendy sometimes but they usually can fix ya up. If you keep an eye on ebay parts and even NOS items show up from time to time.

Changing the pto clutch is pretty easy, I just changed mine last week,, take the mower deck off the machine, unplug the wiring connector, remove the bolt fixing the clutch to the crankshaft, and it slides right off the crankshaft or atleast mine did, I would use a dab of blue loctite on the crank bolt when you reassemble. The bearings went bad in my clutch requiring replacement, I have had problems in the past with getting voltage down to the clutch to engage the clutch be sure to connect a voltmeter to the tractor side of the harness and confirm there is voltage present before buying a new clutch as they can be spendy, it could be a pto switch, seat switch or wiring issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First :MTF_wel: glad to have another ST owner aboard. If ya go to www.sonnysbolens.com you can download all the manuals for the tractor and mower decks, and they also have parts for most of this stuff, spendy sometimes but they usually can fix ya up. If you keep an eye on ebay parts and even NOS items show up from time to time.

Changing the pto clutch is pretty easy, I just changed mine last week,, take the mower deck off the machine, unplug the wiring connector, remove the bolt fixing the clutch to the crankshaft, and it slides right off the crankshaft or atleast mine did, I would use a dab of blue loctite on the crank bolt when you reassemble. The bearings went bad in my clutch requiring replacement, I have had problems in the past with getting voltage down to the clutch to engage the clutch be sure to connect a voltmeter to the tractor side of the harness and confirm there is voltage present before buying a new clutch as they can be spendy, it could be a pto switch, seat switch or wiring issue.
Thank you for the quick response. I truly appreciate it, and I will check to see if there's voltage present at all, or bad switches before poceeding to buy a new PTO clutch. Thank you for your recommendation, I could have easily paid $150 for this information with a service center.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To js5020: Hi, I am trying to remove my electric PTO clutch from my bolens (ST110) and I am having some problems I thought you may be able to help me with this. I manage to remove 3- small bolts placed in a "triangular" fashion, but there is a larger bolt in the middle of the which I am having a hard time removing. Trying to remove the bolt "turns the engine-round thing with vents in the engine -I don't know what is called"

Any ideas please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts