My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks!
Has anyone ever heard of this model? I'm thinking it is early 80's and looks a little tired. Are parts readily available?
Not sure what the guy is asking for it yet, but I am interested if it is worth picking up.

Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
Those series were made from 1984-1995.Parts are still around but like most bolens they can be hard to find.They were ok mowers but not in the gt area.Price as with all are based on condition.They can run from a coulpe hundred and up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
It looks like a light duty machine? I'm guessing it was sold in a big box store or something?

Is Bolens a decent brand? (I know, silly question to ask here! LOL) I have never seen one around here and they are definitely not too common here. I'm also referring to this series, not the heavy duty machines i see in some of the threads.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The STs are a beefy lawn tractor more than a GT. They are capable of tilling and plowing. I had one for a while over the winter. They use a common Briggs engine so engine parts are not an issue. I put a new magneto and a new head on mine and ended up trading it away (I had no space and no use for it). I definitely think you should go for it. If it happens to be missing the side panels that cover the engine, let me know. They are a commonly lost part and I have an extra set.

Good luck,
Jason

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Agreed, a beefy LT by todays standards. Most parts are generic, or easily fabbed, engines were mostly Briggs singles or twins,, I like the twins and have an 18hp in my 160. Transaxles were usually a Peerless for the gear drivers so they are pretty easy to obtain parts for or swap out. I dont use mine for anything but grass cutting but they had snow blowers, snow plows, tillers and decks from 36" to 48" for them. Had mine for 4 or 5 years now and it operates like a clock.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys
The thing looks a little rough and there was no one home to run it. The deck might need some work to the belts and spindles.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Thanks Guys
The thing looks a little rough and there was no one home to run it. The deck might need some work to the belts and spindles.
Too bad about the condition unless you can get it real cheap I'd keep looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts