My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Iam new to both Bolens and this forum. I have a qustion that i hope someone can answer.

- Does any "new" type of wheel weights fit my original 12" wheel for Bolens qt16?

- How much weight can i put on the rear axle before it does any damage to it? See picture on how i plan to connect it
(I borrowed a pict. from a user on this forum, if thats not allowed please remove it or delete the hole tread)

PLEASE DO NOT REMARK MY ENGLISH, IAM NORWEGAIN :) :tsk:

Attachments

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That tractor looks beautiful and that QT is a power house. I know that the original wheel weights 50 pounds each will work just fine on that tractor. They are pretty common here in the states. I have a set on all 4 of my tractors and one extra set for sale. Do you have any local swap sites that you may be able to search on? Good luck with the tractor.

·
Registered
829 Posts
:Welcome1:

Yes you can fit the newer 12" wheel weights on those rims.

You could hange 2-300 pounds of there and not hurt it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tanks guys! Think i will make me a weight box out of concrete and steel. I Norway there are only Stiga, Husqvarna, MTD, Craftsman that are sold in any numbers. But i cant seem to find any wheel weights for 12" wheels that will fit my rims. Talked to a lokal wheel dealer here and his price for filling my tires with liquid was about 200 USD, idiot!

Ive been in contact with a couple of dealers in the US, but the shipping cost is about 100-200 USD for wheel weights...

Maybe i could make my own wheel weights out of concrete, anyone done that) if so, any pics ? Or does these fit my rims http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...or+Attachments&prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=L9 ?

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
Wow! Despite being painted John Deere colors, it really does look great! The sheet metal looks nice and the paint job came out nice! Great looking QT!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Really nice QT, congratulations! And you have that moster snow blower, also in excellent shape!
No problem with the colors, many people paint their garden equipment JD yellow and green because it is familiar.

shipping for wheel weights should be $30. USPS had flat-rate boxes for $15 per wheel weight. Check out the USPS site to confirm. Anything more than that is more profit for the seller.

from the USPS site http://postcalc.usps.gov/
Select Flat Rate Service (Only available for items 70 lbs. or less*)

$14.50
Priority Mail®
Large Flat Rate Box
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Really nice QT, congratulations! And you have that moster snow blower, also in excellent shape!
No problem with the colors, many people paint their garden equipment JD yellow and green because it is familiar.

shipping for wheel weights should be $30. USPS had flat-rate boxes for $15 per wheel weight. Check out the USPS site to confirm. Anything more than that is more profit for the seller.

from the USPS site http://postcalc.usps.gov/
Select Flat Rate Service (Only available for items 70 lbs. or less*)

$14.50
Priority Mail®
Large Flat Rate Box
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"
The problem is that he is in Norway. International shipping of large flat rates is $40 a piece. It is probably still the cheapest way, though not as cheap as shipping the weights in the US.

Jason

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I filled the rear tires with low temp windshield washer fluid. It took quite a few gallons and each tire now weighs around 180#'s. What I like about it is that it does not add weight on the axle bearings. The weight box is a good idea, especially if there was a way to easily remove it when not needed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replays. Ive bought a walve air/water to fill my tires with liquid.
What should i use? Anti freeze or windshield washer fluid.

does windshield washer fluid make the rims rust?

Quess there are many treads on this, but want to hear from the guys whos filled there tires.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Any fluid will make your rims rust on the inside, stick to using wieghts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts