My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

Since i finally got my restoration of the tractor done it was now time to fire it up.

The engine runs smooth, but just on one cylinder.
The other cylinder got spark and it is getting fuel to the cylinder, that's why i suspect that my valve adjustment on this side is like ****.

My question is following, is there any recommendations on any basic valve settings on this 2-cylinder 16hp engine? How much clearance should there be on intake and outlet?

And when do I adjust the valves? I know it's in TDC, but if i have understood everything right, there are two points when the piston reaches TDC during a "cycle" ?

I'm not that in to the 4-stroke engines, so please have "indulgence" (?) with that. Haha :trink40:

I hope I can get an answer, till then, thanks in advance.
/G

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys guys guys, problem solved!

To be honest it was quite a simple fault, a while ago i changed both sparkplugs, so I assumed that it wouldn't be them that was causing me this problems.

But I tested to put the working cylinders sparkplug and put it in the non-working cylinder, and it fired right up.

So before you guys out there tare a part your engines because they do not start, try the simple things first, your problem could as well be as mine!

Thanks everyone!
Regards
/Grav

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Great news I'm glad it worked out for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts