My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i am looking at a set of bolens. Here is the add.

This is some old Bolens tractor stuff I no longer use. Two snow blowers, two rototillers, two mowing decks, and bush hog side bar attachment. the two tractors will need a little tinkering to use. One has a newer Honda engine that runs fine but I can't get it into gear anymore. It needs a little adjustment. The other one I find hard to get it to idol just right. paid $1,300. for all of it and used it for several years. I have moved and no longer use the stuff, $650 firm.

Will the decks snowblower and sickle bar fit onto my tractor. Its a 1054. I need the mowerdecks and snowblower but if they wont fit my tractor i will just forget it Any advice it welcomed

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
If the ones for sale are for a tube frame they should fit.

The sickle-bar is one that may or may not work for you.

Haban made 2 different Sickle-Mos for the tube frames.

The 405 was for the EARLY tube frames, the 600, 800, 900, and used a belt to drive the mower.

The 405A was for the later tube frames, and ran off of the Bolens PTO.

For your 1054 you would want a 405A

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i hope nobody will steal this out from under me but here is the add and do you guys think it would be a good deal? If the snowblowers and mower fit my 1054 then it is almost definite i will call the guy but they would have to fit!
-Owen

·
Registered
282 Posts
You forgot the add.

·
makin noise!
324 Posts
if it was me i think i would buy the whole lot weather the stuff fit your tractor or not, if the stuff is in decent condition it sounds like a deal to me. that Honda engine would cost more than $650.

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
I think I found the AD. If I was in that neighborhood, I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Looking at the Sickle-Mo, it appears to be a 405A. I can't be positive since it's not that clear, but IF he had it mounted on one of the two tractors pictured in the ad, then it will mount on your 1054.

Assuming that the snowcaster that's in the pic with the H14 sitting outside works as good as it looks, it and the Sickle-Mo are worth what he's asking. Everything else would be essentially "free".

As for the mower decks...that could be an issue. They may be too large for your 1054, since the two tractors shown appear to be H14s. Even then, if they are in good enough shape, you could sell/trade them for one that would fit. Or, get one of the H14s running right and use it to mow with instead of the 1054.

RUN, don't walk, and buy that.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Trailer is hooked up and I'm making a B line straight to Maine, should be there by dawn.

JK !! :sorry1:

Goodluck, I hope you make a deal and get it.

Now if it were a Large Frame Haban, sickle bar mower, I would be on my way, along with a few others looking for one !!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Calling today to see if he will take the add off till monday when my dad gets off day shift at the mill so we can go see them. Hopefully if i am lucky he will!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Because i am constantly searching craigslist i found annother one?? good deal or... http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/2643787351.html
That looks like a 1969 1225. No gear shift= hydrostat, hydrostat = 12+hp, rear fenders are pre-1970. '69 was the first year for hydro tubeframes, 1225 being the only model available (to the best of my knowledge) for hydro TF.

As far as what it is worth, you won't regret buying it at that price. Probably the best tractor I have ever owned is a 1225. Good luck

Further investigation says either the hood or the fenders have been swapped with another tractor. The decals are not the right era to be a '69, but the seat and fenders are. Either way, it is either a 1225 or a later 1256. Both excellent tractors, quite arguably the best TF bolens built.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So it looks like a good deal.?! I have been wanting a hydro and it seems that fate has put one on craigs list now to snag it before someone else.

·
5,523 Posts
That looks like a 1969 1225. No gear shift= hydrostat, hydrostat = 12+hp, rear fenders are pre-1970. '69 was the first year for hydro tubeframes, 1225 being the only model available (to the best of my knowledge) for hydro TF.

As far as what it is worth, you won't regret buying it at that price. Probably the best tractor I have ever owned is a 1225. Good luck

Further investigation says either the hood or the fenders have been swapped with another tractor. The decals are not the right era to be a '69, but the seat and fenders are. Either way, it is either a 1225 or a later 1256. Both excellent tractors, quite arguably the best TF bolens built.
Hood and fenders are right its a 1225.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts