My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found an older Bolens HT200 with 1113 hours on an auction advertisment. I said it has a 20hp diesal engine and front-end-loader and tiller. Could you guys give me an idea of what a reasonable deal would be on this unit?

Here are two pictures from the auctioneers' website...

895 Posts
i would say 2500 to 3grand easy

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
That's a very rare HT-20D (only made for 2 years) I believe

With the loader and tiller, surely $2500 - $3,000

I paid about $1800 for mine with a mower deck, and snow plow a few years ago.

The loaders themselves in real good shape, can go for $1500.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
That thing is sweet. I don't know anything about Bolens, what that looks like a nice machine!

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
They are sweet !! The major downside to them is the lack of engine parts. Unless you find used or NOS stuff, you just can't get the parts.

There is a good Bolens guy near me, that has bought them running or not and replaces the diesel with a rebuilt Kohler twin.

He just stripped one, and sold the engine to someone here at MTF.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are sweet !! The major downside to them is the lack of engine parts. Unless you find used or NOS stuff, you just can't get the parts.

There is a good Bolens guy near me, that has bought them running or not and replaces the diesel with a rebuilt Kohler twin.
I can see that it makes it pain to try and fix an engine that you can't buy parts for, but don't you think this engine with only 1113 hours on it should be good to go for a while yet without needing to be replace/repaired?

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If that engine has been taken care of it should be good for 8-10 K hours.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Saw it advertised in Lancaster Farming and Auction Zip looks like the sale is right up the road from the Farmersville sale same day.I expect that It'll bring 3-4000 but at an auction you never know.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
A lot of auction goers know that they have money to spend and they want something. It is not about what the item is worth. I have been to auction when an item went for more than new and it was wore out.Anyone willing to sell that nice of a Bolens, then it has to have some issues.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
What things are worth is how much someone is willing to pay and no better way to find out the worth than to get a group of people around that are interested in an item and see how much $$$ they are willing to pay.The larger the group the better indicator it will be.Happens every day on the Commodities and Stock markets.I see people here set 'values' on things I can buy anytime much cheaper at auctions and sometimes set 'values' where they bring much more at auctions with multiple bidders.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saw it advertised in Lancaster Farming and Auction Zip looks like the sale is right up the road from the Farmersville sale same day.I expect that It'll bring 3-4000 but at an auction you never know.
'You never know' is right; I have in mind to take a look at it the day before the auction and give the auctioneer an absentee bid, because I have something else going on the day of the auction. Very likely I don't have much chance at it since it is in the middle of farmersville, but it would be worth a try.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It went for $3000. I wasn't there in person when it sold, but I got a freind to watch it for me.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know what the can of starting fluid that was sitting on the tractor means, but I do agree, it was a very clean machine.

895 Posts
well it was snowing on saturday at the sale in farmersville so it was cold and most of these tractors didnt have a glow plugs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts