My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
my only thought is i wish it was in my fleet of toys. I am not sure what is a fair price on this model but my opinion is that it may be about $1000.00 on the high side. I couldn't dish more than about $3500.00 to $3600.00 If it is really clean (no leaks or abuse ) and low on hours i may bump my $ up. Good luck if you buy. I will always have some small loader now that i own mine!!!!!:trink39:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going up to look at this machine either today or tomorrow. Anyone got any key things to look for other than the obvious. I did notice in the pic the left loader cylinder appears to have a bend in it next to the bucket....Mike

·
Old Iron......Forever
3,139 Posts
Wow that bucket cyl got a hit on it to have bent it like that. Worse thing about it would likely be a small seal leak in it when you retracted it all the way. Might not be too bad. but indicates over worked or abused at some point, maybe.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had one of these, bought new when Bolens was closing all the dealerships, got a real deal.

Nice little tractor made by Iseki. Just be aware, parts are hard to find and VERY expensive. If it is a three cylinder, it is a Mitsubishi engine. I priced a complete rebuild kit for one of them about 2-3 years ago. I think parts alone were in the $1500 range.

Steering gears are a normal failure point and are expensive to repair. But, you can replace the entire system with a power steering setup cheaper.

There are a couple of parts sources still around but be prepared for sticker shock.

On the brighter side, if you use it wisely, it shouldn't need parts ofter.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that bucket cyl got a hit on it to have bent it like that
Yep, it must have. I noticed it on the pic but thought it might have been an optical illusion but it wasn't. The cylinder doesn't retract all the way, it bottoms out with roughly the amount shown in the pic extended. By the exterior condition of the cylinder it's origonal so I don't know why it was designed like that, maybe the cylinder is used in another aplication, dunno. Regardless it doesn't leak...yet.

If it is a three cylinder, it is a Mitsubishi
Yep it is, I thought it was a Mitsubish, sounds sweet tho :).

It definetly needs work but ehhh, what the heck, it'll give me a winter project.
The more I delve into the machine I don't think it's been overly maintained as far as grease and filters go. I'm going to dump the dif oils tomorrow and refill.
Speaking of which, anyone got a number for the ait filter, it's cylindrical 3 1/4" o/d x 1 5/8" i/d x 7 1/8" long?....Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts