My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a G10 to add to the collection. It came without a carb on the Tecumseh HH100 engine. I was hoping that I could swap one from a scrap HH140 engine but they are different.

I have noticed that new carbs are available for a number of newer Tecumseh engines such as the HM100. Does anyone know if a HM100 carb or similar will fit and work with a HH100?

I live in the UK and Tecumseh parts are not easy to find so I can't just go into a shop and check it out.

Thanks
Iain

Attachments

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,191 Posts
Hi I have a pretty nice manual that describes both the HH and HM 10 engines. It may help you with what you are trying to do. I would be happy to email it to you and you could browse it at your leisure. Send me a PM with your email if you wish.

·
Joiner
63 Posts
Hey Ian, that was a good buy.

I saw it on ebay the other week.

I know how you feel about trying to get bits here. It is even harder in Scotland!!

It always seems that I am about 500 miles too far north when anything comes up for sale.

Good luck finding a carb. If you find a loader for an HT20 then give me first shout.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With some help from Ed I started doing some investigation. I have found out lots of information and a number of options for a carb. I am waiting for a couple of email replies to complete the picture. Once these are in I will write up what I have found and share with all. Hopefully it will be of use to someone.

Joiner, I will let you know the 2nd time I see a large frame loader for sale as hopefully the first will be for my HT23 :). I already have a tube frame loader made by the UK Bolens importer - Howard. I have travelled all over the UK to buy garden tractors, including York and Devon. I now have 26 (from memory) in my collection and any new additions have to be close to home to keep the family happy.

Iain

·
Joiner
63 Posts
Thanks for your reply Ian.

I did once see an HT20 with a howard loader on ebay. It never went to the end of the auction to see how much it might be worth. It looked a good bit heavier than the American ones.

I am contemplating building a loader but my biggest problem / fear is being confident enough to run a belt through the tiny gap behind the fuel tank to power the pump. I would like to put it underneath but I can`t find aynwhere to get a coupling to fit the PTO. Are they available in the UK do you know. Still to find a suitable pump without paying silly money.

Looks like the beat up wheelhorse with the loader is going to make good money on ebay, if it continues.

Are your tractors for work or play. Seems a lot to keep on top of.

Cheers.
Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts