My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is the start of my Bolens G-14 restoration project and i will just use this thread as a log for all of my pictures/progress.

I have had the entire tractor in pieces for a few weeks now (in about 600 pieces in numerous buckets). I'm waiting till schools over to really get going on the project... but this weekend i decided to remove some of the old paint and rust- even though it was really cold for Memorial Day Weekend. I started with the engine block and a few other random pieces. The only metal hole on the tractor is the one on the rear panel assembly on the first picture. I am not sure how i am going to fill the hole in, but i was thinking cutting a square out covering the hole area and welding a new piece of metal where it was (setting the heat on the welder REALLY low obviously). I used a wire brush on an angle grinder and Zip-strip for all of the paint removal- it worked great!

Here are a few starter pictures of the resto (i'll keep you guys updated on progress):
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top