My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right section here but i would like to ask a few questions. I am just starting my first ever restoration on a Bolens G-14 and I want to give it a full makeover, starting with a new coat of paint. Before i ask my questions though i was wondering if anyone had any general advice on doing restorations. But now to the questions i need to ask. First obviously, i need to remove all of the paint and rust to give it a new coat. So my question do i need to repaint ALL of the parts to make it a full resto tractor? Then, for the ones that do need cleaning, i think i need them all sandblasted, right? And for the matter of sandblasting, should (or can i) do the sandblasting myself, or should i take it into a metal preparing place and have a professional do it? Then after the nececssary parts are sandblasted, where do i go from there? Also, does anyone have any sort of idea how much the sandblasting would cost? Any help would be much appreciated! By the way, here are some pictures of the mostly dissasembled tractor.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts