My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 5019h have been told it is a qt19 question is will the tiller attachment from a qt17 interchange with my 1900? also anyone have a shot of the bracket or mounting hardware that is mounted to the back of the tractor for this tiller attachment?
Thanks
Mike
Des Moines By God Iowa!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Northwest PA Bolens Fan!
315 Posts
This is a bit of a mystery to me. I've got two QT-16's, one for parts. The 16 and the 17 are the same tractor. They used the Onan 16 for 5 years and then switched to a Kohler 17 for the last 6 years. I've never heard of a QT-19. However, in reviewing the parts manuals for the QT-16 and the 1900, I am convinced that they are basically the same machine. The 1900's were coming out about the time that the QT's were being phased out.

The differentials are the same, but as Bolens 101 stated, the axle housings are different. The 1900 lacks the mounts for the attachments. I would bet though, that you could easily swap in a rear axle from a QT in order to get the mounts. Another difference I noted from your picture is that your 1900 seems to have a single disc brake in the rear, while the QT's have dual disc brakes.

I see that the 1900 uses a 19 horse Kohler, while the QT-17 uses a 17 horse Kohler. You might look around to see if you can find a QT-17 package with the attachments that you want. You can swap your motor to the QT or you can swap its axle to your 1900.

Good luck!

Ted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts