My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gt2000 which I love, I found a snowblower for it but seller is asking around 500$. just today I saw a eliminator 1700 with snowblower for 600$ looks in decent shape, not great not bad, first questions is will the snowblower (48 inch two stage) work on my gt2000? seller says model number wore off. second is how similair is the eliminator to the gt? does the eliminator have power steering etc, is it as nice of tractor? I'm trying to decide if I should buy for blower and then seller eliminator or possible keep both.

·
Welchala
121 Posts
Got a pic? The GT2000 should run the same blower as the Eliminator 1700. The 2 stage could be a 50146 which is 46" wide. Check these posts for 50146, 14063 or 14100 blowers.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Buy it and keep both.
I concur with BOSMECH, one for snow, one for grass, no changing anything, that is very nice, nothing to lug around, nothing to trip over and bang your head on the freezer.

2nd, (no soup for you)... power steering was only in the 20hp top model.(pretty sure).

3rd, front mounts on blower would pin up, the rear mounts I can't get an answer, but I bet they are real close, close enough to fab a cross.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just found it is a gear shift not hydro. So that is big negative. But I am still trying to decide what way to go.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked it out today and the tractor and blower are pretty rough. I have a person who has just blower for sale I may just go that way. And it looks like they are same blower between eliminator 1700 and gt2000 . Its a 50146 blower.

·
Welchala
121 Posts
That's a serious piece of equipment. Almost too much for the 1700 Eliminator but the GT2000 can handle it OK. Maybe 100 pounds less than the 48" blower for the HT-23's.
I have a 14100 46" blower, which I think was for the Troybilt tractors, I bought from Velle01's Dad and refurbed it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have the 50146 blower for my 1900, and it is all it will handle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts