My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the Bolens/E-Z Rake dethatcher yesterday in PA. It is virtually brand new. It is missing some of the tines and brackets but the tines can be bought new. I greased it up and used it for a bit today and it works very well. I have a pull behind but this one works much better and seems to be quicker. I have not seen many of these before so I could not pass up the opportunity to purchase for $100.

·
5,525 Posts
Nice buy, wish I could find one.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Nifty! Great condition and it looks like fun!

Any chance of seeing it in action on youtube? They need more Bolens.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be able to create a short video this evening.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Mine is like that, but red instead of green.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive seen (1) before that was red. I did not know if it was original or not but looked exactly the same otherwise.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
It seems to be original in red. I think, based on the lettering used, that the red ones were early and the green ones later.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Nice find it looks to be in great shape.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it look like this?

I believe the housing must have been made by E-Z Rake and painted red in their factory and the mounting/drive system was the typical Bolens green color. The housings and dethatching components are all E-Z Rake no matter what tractor it was installed on. The mount and drive was manufacturer specific.

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
Dang, so it was you. :banghead3 Tom told me he had someone else in line to buy it. Well at least it went to a good guy. Nice score.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha. It was very nice of Tom to hold it until I could get up there. Very nice guy and if I ever need anything I will be sure to contact him again.

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
Does it look like this?

I believe the housing must have been made by E-Z Rake and painted red in their factory and the mounting/drive system was the typical Bolens green color. The housings and dethatching components are all E-Z Rake no matter what tractor it was installed on. The mount and drive was manufacturer specific.
Mine is all red, with the "BOLENS" in yellow like the pic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts