My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon, I plan to start the restoration of my old Bolens 1556 but there is one problem, I hate the tan color scheme.
Would the Bolens gods be angry, if I went with the Green/White scheme instead? You guys have any suggestions?
-
With my MTD 990's its easy, you can pretty much paint them how ever you like as the came in 31 flavors.

Scott

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
:biglaugh: You can paint it pink if you wish .. You only have to make yourself happy ..

IF it were me .. I personally would try to keep it as close to original as possible

Good luck with the restore

·
Citizen of Earth
15,291 Posts
If you are doing all the work, paying for the tools and paint, then any color that makes you happy is a good color. I have seen a Deere tractor painted entirely yellow as an imitation of the industrial tractors Deere makes, and I have seen one that was all black and chrome. Whatever you like, is going to be a great color for you.

·
Registered
590 Posts
i say do it up the way you want. the only one that needs to be happy with the result is you. good luck and don't forget the pix!!

·
close enuff works for me
3,105 Posts
Hey it's yours you can paint it whatever color you want. Just keep in mind, the first time you drive it with the new paint , the left rear wheel will fall off, followed by the seizing of the engine.......:eek:mg: ..... what bolens has created,...... do not tamper with......:sidelaugh :sidelaugh

·
an effin canadian
549 Posts
When I'm finshed my tubeframe build, I'm thinking I might go '50's hotrod style and paint it flat black head to toe and then clearcoat it. I like that look.

·
5,523 Posts
Hey it's yours you can paint it whatever color you want. Just keep in mind, the first time you drive it with the new paint , the left rear wheel will fall off, followed by the seizing of the engine.......:eek:mg: ..... what bolens has created,...... do not tamper with......:sidelaugh :sidelaugh
:ditto: :ditto: :sidelaugh :sidelaugh

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think White tin and the rest black would be cool. (like an H16)
I could call it an H15, that should appease the bolens gods.

Scott

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts

Scott
Now that solution should work!! Or you could paint it white over dark green like the late Large Frames.

Doug

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
If you are doing all the work then why not make it into whatever makes you happy. When I restored my 56 Pontiac I chose the original colors only because it made me happy...

·
5,523 Posts

Scott
i like the idea of that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts