My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not been here for a while as my bolens has been running well. However, today noticed something odd - steering starting to become tight and it is difficult to turn steering wheel - as well as that noticed that when I turn steering wheel clutch foot lever moves up and down - is there a zirk for the steering for lube? Something seems to be jamming up but cannot see what it is. Thanks Lee

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
There is a grease fitting on the bottom of the sterring colum under the tractor and it's somewhat hard to get to. Also it sounds like the gear that the draglink connects to is starting to get tight on the shaft it's on. Whiel you are under the tractor greasing it I would spray the gears and shaft with penetrating oil. Also spray the part of the shaft that the clutch pedal rides on.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
one other item to mention- their is a brass bushing that is in the clutch foot pedal and that rod that runs across the frame- it rotates on that shaft- just rest your foot on pedal and just rotate the sterring wheel back and fourth you would feel the clutch pedal moving slightly- you can loosen it up too with pen oil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts