My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 8 months ago I bought this tractor as a parts or project tractor and decided to make it a project. As I have been digging into it more I think it would have been better for parts lol. When I'm done with it I plan on giving it to my uncle since he likes to play on the tractors I have. I have slowly been working on and off on it since then and don't have much to show for it. I will updaqte this thread as I make progress

This is what it looked like when I got it.

Intial teardown

After pressure washing

The fender pan done

Winter storage

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
You got a lot of work ahead of you but it will be fun and the rest of us will enjoy the pic's.

·
Bolens 1886-01
3,192 Posts
Great job taking that tractor down to the bare minimum. We look forward to your progress.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got a lot of work ahead of you but it will be fun and the rest of us will enjoy the pic's.
Thanks. I am looking foward to working on it more when I get some time. This one is going to be more work than my 850 was when I redid it before.

Great job taking that tractor down to the bare minimum. We look forward to your progress.
Thanks. I will be taking it down further than this to replace more damaged and worn out parts that I have found since begining the project

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update 1: finding more problems

Over the weekend I had some more free time to work on the 1050 and I wanted to get the driveshaft taken apart to replace some worn out parts.

In the shed ready for teardown.

Removing the rear end. I found that using a bottle jack is an easy way to get the rear end off without loosening the frame bolts.

Taking it down to the ground lol.

More broken stuff that needs repaired or replaced. :banghead3 :banghead3

The front of the tubes are crushed in.

A PO attemped to fix a tube by putting a spacer in it.

How the **** do brake this?? :Disgus:

Almost done.

Parts driveshaft apart

Taking it apart to replace the worn out parts.

Worn out throw out bearing arms. The good one from the parts tractor is in the middle to show how much the old ones are worn,

All the way apart

Can anyone tell me if this is supposed to be like this?? It's threaded all the way through the shaft and I'm not sure if it's a repair or factory setup.

By the time I'm done with this tractor it's going to end up being a nut and bolt restoration lol. I'm going to end up replacing half of the **** tractor if I keep finding broken parts at the rate I am lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
on the ends of the tubes be crushed and the spacer .......... the tubes on my 1556 are like that also.

895 Posts
wow u got that tractor down to nothing. im afraid to do that i would loose all the bolts and parts lol

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow u got that tractor down to nothing. im afraid to do that i would loose all the bolts and parts lol
Yep that might just happen. I have all of the nuts and bolts in a pie pan lol. Soon I will be painting most of the parts when I get a brake from school.

Also by the time this I finish this tractor it will have parts in it from about 5 tractors lol.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Holy cow you took that thing completly apart to the last nut, I bet when it is done it will be a show winner.

·
Registered
526 Posts
lookin good! muffin pans also work great to sort the bolts as u take them off. then store them in zip lock bags. i usualy put a piece of paper inside the bag to note where they came from rather than write on the outside and risk it being smudged off.

i've been yelled at several times for using the muffin pan, but i can't remember ever making muffins... its also best to buy your own zip lock bags instead of stealing them from the kitchen...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep then sell it and start all over like I do.
Man I want a 1050 bad.
You won't regret getting a 1050 lol.

When I get this done I am going to give it to my uncle as a gift.

Your 1900 was beautiful. It must have been hard to part with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts