My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a bolens 1050 1969 without the original walbro lme-35 on it, but i can have a lme-34, do you think he can work on it?

Thanks for your help, Dave

·
Eleven Year Site Sponsor
2,821 Posts
:Welcome1: Dave. I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I can only answer with a question of my own. First and foremost, will it bolt up to your intake, and is the carb throat the same diameter as the intake runner? If so, it might well work.

Doug

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
even though the carbs are the same size putting them side by side. the 34 would have a smaller fuel jet orfice. some times the bar size is on the brass jet inside the carb wich are interchangable if you have a 35 for parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
even though the carbs are the same size putting them side by side. the 34 would have a smaller fuel jet orfice. some times the bar size is on the brass jet inside the carb wich are interchangable if you have a 35 for parts.
If I have nothing, the best is to find a lme-35? Where i can take it?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If you have a 34 , you can take it to a carburetor shop or speed shop that works on carburetors and they can drill it to the right bar size if you know the size of the 35 jet. when you get that done and on the engine. Turn the idle screw all the way in gently , then open it up 3/4 turns ( no more than that ) try and start the engine. sense the engine has been sitting use a small amount of ether ( small amount not drown it ) it should turn over a few times and get the fuel flowing and maybe run. now that it is running , set the idle screw at full throttle (RPM of that engine , Not full blast ) by opening the throttle valve ( speed control ) bring the engine back to idle and reset the idle screw so it has good low idle and not die when you go into gear. The jet in the 34 may work out well ,you just have to play with it and see. You may not have high RPM range and watch that it doesn't run lean, ( over heat under normal operating conditions )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your help Mike, i'm a snowmodile reparator, and i have even see a walbro LME, Some snowmobile have walbro carb, but not the lme series.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New here but over the last few days since I got my Bolens 1225 I have also been having issues with my LME-35. Seems as though a previous owner stripped out the threads for the bowl retaining screw and it would just puke gas all over (but it would sure still run :) ).

Anyways I contacted Walbro and and called their oldest warehouse and spoke to a gentleman named Ron who worked with me on some of my questions and here is what I was told;

The LME-65 was the replacement for the LME-35 and requires an adapter, part # 100-506, and will be the easiest most direct solution for my problems. ~ $65 later the parts ship on Monday and I can let you know how it works out.

The WHG-28 can be adapted with part #LF146-2 and an adjustable needle replacement for the bowl retaining screw.

Either way I will let you know what is going on with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts